Saturday, February 17, 2018

Saturday February 17

Feeling pretty good this morning!
Feeling good enough that I actually worked out!!!!
Which I haven't for over a week and that has made me pretty frustrated!
So that was a great start to the day.
We got house chores done.
Dad and I went to Lowes to get more stuff for the bathroom.
We also went to Home Depo and picked up the brick tile we are gonna use in the bathroom :)
After getting back in the bathroom, and Brent getting ready to work in there....he had moved the cabinet to a different spot and it made me re-think part of my bathroom 'vision'.
Sooooooo.....he ran back to Lowes to return some stuff and buy another cabinet.
I am excited!
Now I will have twice the storage!!!!!
He is so great to be so patient with me and let me be creative and figure things out :)
He's a good man!
Cassi went with friends to a movie today.
Madi hung out with friends and then went to the MVHS basketball game.
Porter went to go see the movie Wonder with Max and Graham.
And Elsie got to go out on a date with mom and dad :)
We are in desperate need for a new couch.
Our leather ones are about 12 years old.....
And I still love them, but there are holes being ripped in the seat of almost each of the cushions!
So, since it is presidents day weekend, we thought there might be some sales going on.
We went and checked RC Willy out.
We have a HARD time picking out couches!!!!!
We can't decide on much.
There is one though that we both liked.
We didn't get it, but we are thinking it over.
I didn't like the color, but it had another option....but that would take 6-8 weeks to get.
So we are thinking on it.
Anyway...
then we went to Café Rio before coming home.
We then got showered and ready and Dad and I went to the adult session of Stake conference.
It was a great meeting.
I learned a lot.
But I really liked the talk by our stake president, Pres. Keihl about Peace.
Peace comes from PERSPECTIVE.
Peace comes from TESTIMONY.
Peace comes from OBEDIENCE.
Peace comes from THE PRINCE OF PEACE, JESUS CHRIST.
One quote he said about perspective was "Life is like a violin string, it makes beautiful music, but it must be stretched to do so."
Love that!!!!
Also, always a favorite speaker, Pres. Fujimoto had some great things to say.
'Direction Matters'.
We may not be where we want to be....but as long as we are pointed in the right direction!!!!!
And....
'We might want the CURE, but what we really need is HEALING.'
Talking about how healing is a process that happens over time and is not a cure.
Sometimes we want  something done or fixed or figured out right away......but it is process that takes time.
He also spoke about the coldest part of the day, that being when the sun rises.
Something about the cold air being pushed to the valleys.
Anyway.
He said that 'the coldest part of the day is when it is getting better'.
Meaning, don't give up when things are at the hardest, because that is right when it will get better.
Have Faith!
Sometimes that coldest part of the day lasts longer than we want it to, or think it should....but it will not last forever!
We need to focus on the Sunshine :)
It was a very nice evening!



1 comment:

Nancy said...

I love what you shared from conference......I think about the coldest part of the day every morning when we are walking and complaining about the cold ;) Love the peace quotes too!!!!!