Monday, February 26, 2018

Monday February 26

The snow day trick did not work :)
Not gonna lie, Port was a bit bummed about having to go to school!
I had a meeting for Porter this morning about his speech therapy.
Well, I was supposed to.
Apparently the ST forgot about the meeting and she was at a different school, so we had to reschedule.
Oh well.
But since I was already out of the house, I decided to go to Hobby Lobby, because that was where the mirror is that I want for the bathroom.
I went and bough the mirror....but also bought a few canvases, because they were 50% off!
It would have be irresponsible to not take advantage of that!!!!
So here is my problem with Hobby Lobby.
There is so many things I love!
But I cannot bring myself to buy things that I could make myself....
I think, what if I buy something and someone says 'Oh, did you make that?' and I have to say "no..."
I know....I am weird.
But I always have good intentions to make stuff for my home....then don't.
Well, today I decided to change that!!!!
I saw a sign that said 'Home sweet Farmhouse' at Hobby Lobby and I loved that little saying.
So after I got home, and went for a run on the treadmill, I started to paint :)
and I really do love it.
U wish I had more time for it.
I also painted a chalk board for my kitchen that I have been meaning to get done....but never did.
I had one in there, then moved it to a different room.
So I needed a new one for my menu board.
Anyway....so although some might see that as an unproductive day, to me, it was just what I needed.
It made my heart happy :)
I did get house work done today too, and laundry.
Plus I made dinner, which is always a bonus for the kids when Dads not home :)
Usually, when he's not home, they just get mac and cheese, or cereal!!!!
Hoping to get the grout in the floor tile tomorrow.
But we also have to return the 'way too big' ottoman as well as renew our licenses.
So that should be fun :)


1 comment:

Nancy said...

I think you had a very productive day!!!!