Friday, December 01, 2017

Friday December 1 (add pictures)

I got the rest of the Christmas out and boxes packed up.
I actually wanted to take a nap after the kids left this morning......
But then I remembered that I needed to run and get some cardboard from Lowes.
Also, I had a couple UPS returns and I needed to hear them come.
So I never laid down.
That's okay.
I was more productive.
I just went to bed with a lot of pressure in my head last night and it was still lingering this morning......hoping it goes away fast.
Dad worked another shift today.
Pretty soon they will have new guys on the line and he won't have the over-time opportunity anymore, so he is taking advantage when he can.
But he is on his way home right now, so that is good :)
Madi had a date tonight and Cassi went babysitting.
The little ones and I went to Walmart to get items for a Christmas giving tree for our ward.
That is what we did for our #lighttheworld today.
Today is day 1.
I am excited about doing this with my family.
I loved it last year and I think this year will be even better.
They each gave money from their own banks the help purchase the items.
Big girls did too.
And Porter and Elsie wore some fun Santa hats while we went out and they got lots of smiles and comments on them :)
Our service elves came today too!
Elvis just watches from the mantle.....but Elvira, she goes around doing secret service around our house.
Today we had Cassi's bed made, we had dishes done for Madi before she had a chance to get to it, and a really nice note for Porter left on his bed.
I am sure she will start with doing something for Elsie tomorrow :)
My kids get so excited when it is their turn to do the service.
It makes me happy.
Maybe one of my favorite Christmas tradition :)





No comments: