Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tuesday May 23 (add dad pictures)

I spent the morning with Vern weeding :)
It is funny how weeding becomes a lot more fun when it is done with friends!!!!!
I got some more stuff done in my garden and boxes.
Still haven't planted my stuff in the boxes yet....gotta make sure it is exactly what I want!!!!
Cass came home with awesome news!
She was voted as student body president next year!!!!
Very very exciting!
Madi babysat after school.
Dad got home from teaching his class in time for dinner.
Today for their class, they spent the day putting full grown men and woman through 18 inch pipes!!!!!
Just crazy to me that they can get an adult through that size!
He had to send me pictures as proof!!!
 So we had dinner then started work outside.
Dad got on the tractor and moved the pile of gravel (that was delivered this morning) around.
It looks so nice!
Port helped me in the garden.
He has always been my little garden helper :)
I recruited a couple more helpers for a bit, before they all ran off to play.
Elsie got to ride Miley today.
She asks every day to ride her!
So I told Cassi to put the saddle on so Dad could check it to pass it off.
She did well!
Elsie and Miley had a nice walk down the street to visit Bubbles....who wasn't home.
Then we went and visited Vern :)
I finished up putting my stuff in the garden and the big girls had gone for a walk and then were hanging out on the tramp being so nice to each other and having fun....I just couldn't bring myself to ask them to work for me.......
This 'getting along' thing seems so very rare now-a-days!
It was such a  lovely night.
And so once again....we are getting to bed VERY late!
Poor Elsie was so tired!
Plus she had kinda a hard day....but good too.
She wore a skirt today, with shorts under.
She ALWAYS wears leggings!
And today I was thinking....maybe she should just wear leggings under the skirt....
But, it was gonna be so hot, and she wanted shorts.
Anyway, poor girl took a hard fall and scuffed her knee up really bad :(
It was during lunch recess and I was so proud that she handled herself and they never had to call me to calm her down.
I didn't even find out about it until after school.
Mrs. Murdoch, the principle came up to me after school and we were chatting.
She said that she had 4 sweet friends bringing her to the nurses office and she was crying....and Mrs Murdoch says she was so concerned because she has never heard Elsie cry!
This is proof it has been an amazing year for Elsie this year, because the last few years....I think everyone at school heard her cry!
But Mrs. Murdoch is new this year so when we tell her that Elsie has had some rough years...she just doesn't believe it :)
Anyway, she said Elsie saw Mrs Murdoch and just ran to her with a big hug because she knew she could help make it feel better :)
Just the sweetest!
So poor girl was so so tired and her knee was hurting.....and getting to bed late.....
I hope she sleeps good tonight!






No comments: