Sunday, January 01, 2017

Sunday January 1

Happy New Year!!!!!!
2017!
Crazy!
Poor Madi woke up today with a migraine.
Well, not a migraine yet, but blurred vision.
I gave her some medicine and told her to lay back down for just a little bit.
She was stressing about laying down because she needed to go over her talk that she was assigned to give today in Sacrament meeting.
She did lay down for a bit, but was determined to be okay to give her talk.
We all got ready and when Madi came down, the poor girl just looked miserable :(
I told her she didn't need to give the talk!
I said they could fill the time with the other speakers...no big deal.
But then Cassi said "I can give the talk!"
Madi said that she would feel dumb if she was there and had Cassi give her talk.
I told Madi that she would stay home (I love that it didn't cross her mind to stay home).
Madi agreed that it would work out.
So she went up to bed and we went to church.
Cassi was great.
She had a little explanation why she was giving Madi's talk and then said that she would just read Madi's talk.
She started by saying 'Hello Brothers and Sisters, my name is Madi Matthews......wait....not that's wrong.
Let me start over...'
Ha ha....it was pretty funny :)
It was a very well written talk and Cassi did a good job delivering it even after only going over it a couple times.
My favorite part......
The talk was about "Finding Joy in Service".
And the fact that Cassi had the opportunity to serve Madi is this little way, by giving her talk, that just seems pretty cool to me.
We got home and Madi was laying on the floor in front of the fireplace, where she had slept while we were at church.
She felt better, but was just exhausted.
So she went up to bed and slept for about 4 more hours!
Poor girl!
Lack of sleep and I am thinking the stress of giving the talk must have been too much!
Dang migraines!!!!!!
This evening we went to the Nielsen's house after dinner for a neighborhood game night.
It was a fun time.
Madi even went and just hung out with Sydney and Carley.
I think some fresh air was good for her :)





No comments: