Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sunday August 21

I am already loving this back to school thing!
Look, I am blogging and it's not even 10 yet!
I will miss the kids......but I thrive on routine!
Anyway.....
So it was a nice morning.
We all got ready to go and got to church with Grandma and Papa.
Grandma even went up with Cassi and Elsie for the all-comers choir :)
That was fun.
Grandma and Papa left after Sacrament meeting.
It was such a fun visit with them.
It was a short one, but so great f them to take the time to come here!
After church, we had our HT over.
One of them is out of town, so Bro Pratt brought his daughter.
Bro. Pratt's wife is in YW with me.
And they recently went to Canada to visit his parent son their mission,
They were so sweet and went and found me heart rocks!
And even found me a heart rock print in the souvenir place!
So I gave alesson a few months ago about Love, and I mentioned how I love heart rocks and i even gave each girl their own heart rock.
So I thought it was so sweet of Sis Pratt to remember that and think of me and gather rocks!
I have had some sweet YW who come to me at church and bring me rocks they have found.
LOVE!
Anyway.....then Cassi and Elsie got me to go to choir practice again :)
It's fun, but I have no idea what I am doing!
Oh well, it gets Elsie out there so that is good.
Then Madi had her birthday meeting with the bishop.....can't believe she is gonna be 15!
AHHH!
We got home and dad made us some yummy dinner.
We had our neighbor boy, Grant, over for dinner.
he will join us for the next few nights.
His dad is out of town for work and his Mom's father just passed away.
So she is gone until Thursday, and he didn't go because of school :(
But he is hanging out with us for dinners and any other time he might be lonely.
After dinner Cass went down to Bubbles to get some whip cream to have on the yummy blackberries Grandma and Papa brought to us.....
Well, she had a cow out, so we had another little neighborhood round up party :)
Too bad Bubbles wasn't there to enjoy the company!
She was in McCall for the weekend.
But the Edwards boys came over and had blackberries and cream with us while dad got the hot-wire on Bubbles fence figured out.
Then when everyone left for home, we called Gramps and then the kids each got their School year Fathers blessing.
We have decided that we will have a special blessing chair.
We have Grandma Ene's old rocking chair that she used to rock Daddy in.
It sit sin our front room.
It is one of my favorite stories she used to tell me.
When she was pregnant with Brent, she told Gramps she wanted a nice small LITTLE rocking chair.
But, Gramps always wanted Grandma to have to best around.
So he came home with a solid and very large rocking chair :)
Makes me smile so much.
Only the best for 'Little Bear' as Gramps calls her.
So we have this special chair, with the special story.......and we are now making it our special blessing seat.
I think Grandma is smiling down from heaven and thinking she is glad Gramps didn't get the little rocking chair after all :)
The blessings were so beautiful.
So special.
Porter went first.
In his blessing, he was blessed with strength and courage.
That he would not be afraid to choose the right and that he would be an example to his friends.
That he would be a leader for his friends, and righteous one.
He was blessed that he would be a Hero.
A hero of goodness.
A hero for his big sister.
Kind and strong and good.
Elsie was blessed that her soul would be still.
That this year she would be able to learn to control her emotions better.
Have the ability to express herself.
To be a friend to those in need.
And continue to be an example by her bright shining spirit.
Cassi was blessed with bravery.
To be brave at school and to be brave to choose the right.
That she would continue to be able to make friends with ease.
That others would yearn to be around her.
She was told she had a special ability to influence those around her, and that she should be sure to always be a good influence.
And that this year she will continue helping others.
That she would use her huge heart to help better others.
Madi was blessed that she may know right from wrong easily.
That she would be a Virtuous Young Woman.
Blessed that she would have the power to help others find their way.
She was told that her Heavenly Father knows how valuable she is.
That she can use that power to help guide others down the path of righteousness.
And that she will continue to know the importance of and love the time spent with family.
Those are just a few notes I took......
I so LOVE these Father's blessings they get.
I know it makes a difference in their school year.
I am excited about this year.
I see good and big things happening!
Very exciting!



No comments: