Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sunday February 21

It was an early morning with Cassi needing to be at the church at 8, to practice with the choir to sing in church today.
We did a special fast today too.
A fast for Cole.
His little body has a virus, a pretty rough one.
And in order for him to fight the virus, they have had to let up on the medication that helps his body not reject the liver......so he can fight the virus.
It is a very delicate balance right now.
We prayed and fasted that his little body will be rid of the virus.
That he will continue to accept and do well with the liver and that he will be able to go home soon.
It was interesting talking with the little ones this morning about fasting.....
They don't ever fast!
But we didn't want to make them do it.
We talked about the sacrifice we are making to show the Lord we really do want this blessing we are asking for.
I asked them to think about poor little Cole, how he only gets to eat with a feeding tube.
And how uncomfortable he is with that huge breathing mask on his face because the virus is attacking his lungs.
I asked if they could give up one hour of food.
Which, to them, is a big sacrifice.
They agreed.
And you know what, when I gave them a bag of cereal, they both said they didn't need to eat it yet.
I think it was a great little lesson for them.
It didn't take long before they dug into the cereal at church, but they gave their hour.
And that was a sacrifice for them.
I'm proud of them.
Church went well....
Madi is still waiting to receive her Honor Bee....... ;)
After church, we continued our fast.
We worked on some personal progress, colored pictures, took a couple naps (it was a couple late nights in a row around here!!!), and I tried to do some family history.
I still have no idea how to really do it.
I have someone coming to help me next week, and I am so excited!
But today I was just trying to add Brent's line to mine, and it kept giving me an error :(
But I still tried.......
I am getting more excited about it.
In sacrament meeting they talked about Patriarchal blessings.
One of my favorite parts in my blessing tells me to follow in the steps of the woman in my family.
Since I got it, that always meant to look to my Grandma.
She was kinda a big hero to me, still is.
She was so strong, smart, kind, honest, hard working, thrifty.
What I always wanted to be.
But today, as I thought about that paragraph.....and then thought about family history, those words became even more meaningful to me.
And I am excited to learn more about the woman who preceded me.
And what I can learn from them.
It's pretty exciting!
After dinner, Port got out his army guys and spread them all out on the counter.
I took pictures cause I thought it was cute. but then after family prayer and scriptures we had a mini discussion (that we will add more on tomorrow) about the Army of Helaman.
And it just goes perfect with Port's little Army guys....
Dad pointed out how we need to pray like a warrior in this day.
There are so many trials, and Satan has experience getting people to follow him.
We need to not only be as strong as we can, but also ASK for more strength.
We had some major meltdowns tonight.......again, we are very over tired......
And our discussion tonight helped everyone put things into perspective.
We are not each others enemy.
We are on the same team.
We are part of the same Army.
And we can win this battle!!!!



 This is Chex.
The stray cat we caught a while ago, but she kept getting away.
Turns out she likes us.
She is still pretty skittish, but sits outside out kitchen window all the time.
She's a cute one.
We need to go get her fixed, but I worry if we do that, she will run off and not come back :(




No comments: