Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Tuesday December 1

I can not believe it is December!
But you know what?
Even though I have a few high stress things going on right now......
Christmas lesson for the YW this Sunday, planning the combined Youth activity in a couple weeks, Christmas cards, etc.
I am still so excited for this holiday season.
I hope it will be a beautiful and simple one.
I have tried to make Christmas the last few years a bit more simple (which has not been the case in years past!) and more about being together and celebrating the real reason for Christmas.
And after a day full of secret service from Elvis, I can already feel the spirit of Christmas :)
And I am very close to being done with my Christmas shopping so now the whole month can be focused on that Christmas spirit.
That is what I am hoping anyway :)
*****
So today was FREEZING again!
The kids had indoor recess all day.
I helped in Porters class this morning, and all I did was walk from the school to the car and when i got home it took me an hour to warm up!
And poor dad was teaching a ropes class all day and was OUTSIDE!
He is frozen to the bone!
But he did have fun :)
*****
Tonight after dinner, we got chores and homework done.
We found a fun new way that gets the kids excited about practicing their spelling words :)
Dry erase markers on the window!
It may bite me in the bum later on, but it sure got the job done today!
And really, what harm can they do???
And they clean it up for me afterwards, so it is teaching them responsibility too!!!!
Ha ha!



No comments: