Friday, December 25, 2015

Friday December 25

Merry Christmas from the Matthews family!!!!


It has been a pretty great day.
Mostly :)
Besides the fact that the little ones were up at 3!!!!
They watched a movie for a little while, but at about 5, we decided to just get things going before they start fighting.
They were all so excited to get the morning going :)
The sweetest thing was when the little kids all came in, one at a time, they handed me their gift to me.
So sweet.
And Dad, even though he wasn't supposed to, got me a gift.
e decided that the house, and medical bills are our gifts to each other this year ;)
But he went and got my wedding ring fixed.
A few months ago my diamond fell out of the clap thing, that was completely ruined.
But luckily I found the diamond when it fell out!
Well, he went and got it re-set and it is so pretty and shiny and I am so excited to have it back on my finger!
It didn't take long to get the gifts opened.
And they were all so happy with their gifts :)
It was a fun morning.
Well, then we decided to take a little rest, in hopes the kids would go to sleep.....
The big girls got a nap.
I sent Dad to bed, because he works tomorrow, and he needs to have sleep!
But the little ones were too excited to play with their fun new stuff :)
Port kept telling me how he was not tired at all!
But I got him to sit down and watch some Star Wars.
Not too long passed when I looked over and saw him sleeping in his storm trooper costume.
A storm trooper costume, might I add, that Dad put together from dollar store armor and knee pads as shoulder pads :)
It is pretty awesome!
Anyway, that kid looked so darn cute sleeping there.
Later on I started putting together our 2015 family calendar that we got (ourselves) as a family gift.
And Elsie sat by me with her 'art stuff' and made some beautiful pictures :)
Then dad and i decided to take the kids out to the movies.
We went and saw the new Star Wars!
It was a big hit and lots of fun for everyone!
Especially our little mini storm trooper, who got lots of compliments on his costume :)
The rest of the day was dinner and then we finished out 25 Days of Christ and got the kids off to bed early.
Now we hope to get to bed at a good time too!
Merry Christmas!!!!!











No comments: