Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Wednesday July 1

This morning I ran 5 miles!
Yay...
I feel like I am finally getting through that slump I was having.
I just could not get myself to go.
But today felt good, and it makes me excited :)
Plus I am almost done with the Book of Mormon.
I have been listening when I run instead of listening to music, and I can't tell you how much better it is.
Ya, I miss running with the beat, but when you listen to a story, you get sucked in.
And I have been able to get so much more out of the BofM by listening to it.
I have never been a strong reader.
Ever.
I don't enjoy it and it is hard for me to follow most of the time.
So I have found that this works perfect for me.
Does it still count as reading it????
I think so!
I should finish it up in the next couple days, so that is exciting!
When I got home and showered, dad and I left for a dr. appt he had.
Things are great there.
Everyone is so amazed at how well he is doing.
And he really is doing so awesome!
I will say it again, getting back to work has been the best therapy for him!
When we got home, Dad needed to lay down.
The had two all nighters in a row at the fire station.
So he got a little nap in.
Max and Graham were over playing with Port and later on Zephyr came to play with Elsie and Cassi.
They had a lot of fun.
I actually got a little nap too :)
When dad woke up, we got started on our bedroom closet.
It will be so nice to have our clothes right there!!!!!
Yay!
We just got some basic stuff in, and will get other stuff on the opposite wall some other time.
But for now, this is great!
We didn't have mutual tonight, cause so many people are out of town.
But Madi got invited to go to her friend, Cam's, mutual.
So I ran her there a few hours early so she could hang out with Cam before hand.
They were going swimming at the neighborhood pool.
I told Madi to call me when she was leaving to give me a heads up to pick her up at Cam's house.
So she did that.
I showed up just as her ride was getting ready to pull away.
Then when her ride saw I was there for Madi, she got out to introduce herself to me.
She was super nice.....and the MOM  OF THE BOY MADI LIKES!!!!!!
Madi was dying of embarrassment......but us Moms were loving her red faced embarrassment :)
Made me smile.
Also makes me happy that Mom knows about Madi just like I know about him......
*****
Tonight the big girls are sleeping on the tramp.
The Morgan girls are coming over as well.
We will see how that goes.
Dad and I had a movie at home date planned....these kids just get in the way of everything ;)
Just kidding...we are still doing it.
Just much later than we would have liked too!!!!!


2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

That's great you got your 5 miles done! Yes, listening definitely counts as reading!!

The closet looks great!!! :)

Nancy said...

Listening definitely counts!!!! Especially if it is what works for you! Glad that work has been such great therapy for Brent:)