Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wednesday June 24

You will either laugh or cry after hearing about the days shenanigans!
Woke up, and went and checked on the babies right away.
All seemed good with the babes.
The wee up and walking.
Mom seemed weird.
As I walked in, I noticed another little baby (dead) on the ground.
So sometime through the night she had delivered this little stillborn :(
But I am not sure it is good for her to have had that baby at least 12 hours after giving birth to the first two.
Again, I just watched her all day.
She seemed to not have any milk....but the babies still seemed fine.
Even kind of hopping a bit.
Poor Buffalos udder is a bit warm, and seems to be swollen.....
I made sure to give her fresh water and grass each time I checked on her.
That seemed to make a big difference throughout the day.
So then I went inside.
I got things ready for the fun YW/YM activity we had tonight.
I took bags of popcorn, and covered it with melted white chocolate.
Shook it all around to get coated.
I filled 80 brown lunch bags.
That was a lot of popcorn!
At one point when we were out checking on the baby goats, and we got a visitor!
Honkers came honking behind the goat fence.
He and Cassi and Porter ran around and played for a bit.
I have seen Honkers on and off while running, along the canal road.
But it was fun for him to come back and find us again :)
Well, a little after lunch, I had to run some more errands.
And I wanted to get some goats milk supplement in case things went wrong with the babies.
At Legacy, I got the feed and the nipples.
Then I realized I needed glass bottles for the nipples.
So I ran back in the gas station part, and bought a couple of pops.
I get back in the car, and I have my key chain....but no key!
I searched everywhere!!!!!
In both sides of the store, my purse, my car, the road.....everywhere.
I texted Bubbles and she was about to send Eldon to the rescue.
But I finally found it (after saying a prayer, or course ;) on the passenger seat behind the booster seat!
Are you kidding me!
The loop on the key part....the hard plastic stuff....had broken!
Just my luck!
Soooooooo.......
I get home and go in the basement to rotate laundry and it smells like an outhouse!
Like BAD!
I pinpointed it to a pipe above the washer/dryer area.
I cleaned it all up and told everyone to not use the bathroom by the kitchen and not use the kitchen sink, cause that is what drains down that drain.
And I left it.
What am I gonna do?
It stopped stinking as much, as long as we don't use those things.
But I will have the hero fireman figure it out when he gets home :)
Speaking of my Fireman hero.....
He has been teaching a ropes class all week and was on table rock all day today.
He sent me some cool pictures.
He is working so hard.
He just called and said that he is hurting, but he is doing good.
He needs to be smart and stay safe!
He also said he got sunburned bad :(
No good!
He sent me a text and told me that there was a call that came in of a fire on Locust Grove and Lake Hazel.
Like right behind out house.
We watched as all the firetrucks from everywhere came.
It was a huge barn on fire.....big billows of smoke.
Luckily, not headed in our direction......we have an awfully dry field between that barn and us :(
I finished up loading everything in my car that I needed for tonight, so it would be all ready to go.
Just before I left.......our kitty, who is now named Kitness Cleo.....Cleo for short, climbed up a tree.
Like really high up in the tree.
It was cute, she was just sleeping there on the branch.
I said we would take care of it when we got home.
So we left.....hoping she would just crawl down by herself.......
So Madi and I left for mutual.
That actually turned out so awesome.
Cindy put so much work into it and it was so much fun!
I hope the kids had as much fun as it seemed like they had.
We had 7 stations for them to go to in teams.
-Make butter
-Hammer nails into wood
-Plant corn seeds
-Journaling (mad lib style)
-Giant puzzle
-Sew buttons on fabric
-Wash and hang clothes on a line
And once you did all the tasks, you were given a flag to go and stake your land.
It was a lot of fun :)
We got home about 9 and got the ladder out to get Cleo down.
We got the ladder that extends.....but she was out on the outskirts of the branch, so not really a place to lay the ladder on.
We tried to lean it on the branch (which I am sure the Fireman would be cringing.....)
Then Cleo started slipping, and she was holding with just one paw and just as Madi yelled to Cassi to catch her, she fell.
It had to be at least 15 feet.
She landed okay though.....but not on her feet.
Cassi said that she has proof now of that 'a cat always lands on his feet' theory, is untrue! :)
But she was fine.
It was 9:30 by now......so we said prayer and started getting the little ones in bed.
I wanted to go and shut the barn door and check on the babies before the sun went down.
The babies looked good and seemed to be sucking fine and eating good.
Then I look over at Night Night across the field......and I see little movements.
Yep.
She had babies.
She had two.
One black one and one speckled.
Who knows about anymore.
She was the biggest one......
And if Buffalo had three, then she had to at least have that many!
So the kids came out and we watched to see if any more would come.....
Nothing happened.
Finally it was getting dark....and WAY TOO LATE!!!!!!
So we left her there, we will see how things are in the morning.
I did see both of those babies suck on Mama.....so that is good.
And hopeful.
So there.
That is my crazy day.
I am so tired.
I have lots of fun, real camera, pictures from the Youth activity we did.....but like I said....i am tired....and they are ALL the way on my camera.....maybe i will get to that.....tomorrow :)
Along with my girls camp posts!
I better get on that before I forget everything!












4 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow a crazy full day! Poor baby goat, I hope buffalo improves and is better by morning, I wonder if she would need an antibiotic?? I excited to see more pictures and of everything you did for yw activity, sounds so fun. What kind of goats do you have?

Rachel said...

Wow a crazy full day! Poor baby goat, I hope buffalo improves and is better by morning, I wonder if she would need an antibiotic?? I excited to see more pictures and of everything you did for yw activity, sounds so fun. What kind of goats do you have?

Emily Peterson said...

What a day!!! I can't believe all of that happened in one day!!

Grandma Na said...

You certainly cram a whole week's worth of activities into some days!!! Glad that Thursday gave you a little breather!!!!!! What a wonderful life!!