Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Tuesday June 23

Well.....
It's been one of those days.
You know those days when you have a ton of things to cross off your list.
But then.......your goat has babies!
I did get my run and shower in before Joanne showed up this morning :)
Elsie was being a stinker after the first few minutes (I still blame Emmy for that ;), and then we hear these baby cries.
We realized Buffalo had her babies!!!!
Not sure exactly when she had them.
But Joanne ended up leaving, she knew Elsie wasn't gonna get any work done with babies crying outside!
They seemed pretty clean and fluffy by the time we got to them.
They are so dang cute!!!!!!!
All speckled!
Buffalo wasn't letting them get too close to them.
They kept trying to nurse on each other :(
So after talking to Dad at work, and calling Gramps, we decided to lure Buffalo to the barn, and carry the babies down.
They we tied Buffalo up, and got to work trying to get the babies to suck.
Buffalo was wild at first....but calmed down once we started trying.
Nothing happened.
And the babies seemed super tired.
So we decided to let them rest in there and we would come back later.
It was close to every hour today that we went in to check and make sure things were going good.
About 12:30, we finally got them to start sucking a little bit.
One, who is named Specs (who has a cute heart on his back) is a little slow going more so than the other.
I have seen him suck on Buffalo n his own.....but not much.
And he tries sucking a whole lot of other places too :(
But he is up and walking and I have seen them both pee, so that's good :)
Oh, the farm life!
Gotta love it!
I just went to check them again before the sun went down.
I put Specs on Buffalo myself and he got some good sucks in.
Buffalo Jr. is pretty good at getting in there.
Hopefully they have a good night!
And hopefully the others wait to have their babies when Dad is here to help me know what to do!!!!!
Oh, while I was at D&B to get the iodine for the umbilical chords.....we spotted a cage with a free kitty sign.
Now, I don;t think I have written about this....
But last Tuesday night, we couldn't find Maybelle :(
We hoped that while we were at girls camp, she would show up.
No such luck :(
We think maybe the hawk got her.
So sad....she was such a good kitty!
I had porter with me, and I was convinced (okay, it wasn't too hard) to get a free kitty!
The kids were all happy.
Hey, we have all the stuff for a baby kitty, why not have a kitty!
Oh, I know.
I am going crazy!
Anyway....so that was pretty much my day!
I did meet with Cindy to plan the final stuff for the super fun family history activity we are doing for YW/YM combined tomorrow.
So I did get some shopping done for that, but I have a lot to prepare tomorrow!
Gotta get some sleep first!










3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Such cute little baby goats!!!!

Sorry Elsie is being a stinker - but I can't help how awesome I am! ;) Love you!!!

Rachel said...

Oh those goats are adorable!! Hope they keep nursing well!

Grandma Na said...

How FUN!!!! Farm life is so great! Always something going on and always unexpected things happening!!! Such cute kids! Your joy is full in so many ways!!!