Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday April 24

Jenni texted me last night and asked if I wanted to go to lunch.
Which I totally did.....
But I also had to gt to work on the stairs!
I need to get those finished!
It is my job to get them painted and stained before we can get those rails in!
And we want those stairs done!!!!
So I told her that I needed to start my work on the stairs, and she said she wanted to come over and help :)
I needed to test my stain out on wood sanded down....but neither of my sanders were in working order.
So I got the stuff I needed at Home Depot, and then got my sample piece sanded down.
Then I put some sanding sealer on, but then we had to wait for that to dry.
So Jenni asked me what my plan was with the brick, and how to knock the mortar out.
So that is what we did.
We chipped away at that old mortar, but then Brent gave us power tools to get through the job quicker.....
But we couldn't talk as much, cause they were load :)
Once I got my stain kinda figured out.....we worked a little on the landing of the stairs before Jenni had to head out.
It was fun to be able to talk to her and hang out.
I don't get to see her very often, but when I do, we pick right up like it was just yesterday :)
Oh, and yes, she shaved her head.
We have a friend, Lindsie, who was recently diagnosed with cancer.
Jenni told people she would shave her head, and asked people to donate and she would give the money to Lindsie.
She raised almost $900!
That is a pretty dang awesome friend there!
*****
I decided to make a run to the hardwood store once the kids got home from school.
I am glad I did, because I learned that the stuff I was going to use....would not be great to use for floors.
I learned a lot, but still didn't get the stain :(
They only had gallon sizes, and I want to be able to test the color before I jump right into it!
This is giving me MAJOR stress to make sure I figure out the right color.....I mean you don;t refinish your floors every other year!
I need to pick something that is gonna be there for the long run!
So this place has the stuff made by the same company as Minwax.....same colors.
So tomorrow I will run and get small samples of those and test those out and figure out what I want.....and then go get the good stuff on Monday....cause the hardwood place is closed Saturday (how dumb is that!!!!!)
Oh man!
I just wanna get it started and done with!!!!!
*****
Dad isn't doing too bad today.
He actually did a little work  :)
There was a light switch not working right, so he got that fixed.
But he is being good, and not doing too much.
At least while I am around.....cause he knows I will tell on him :)
He still has a large lump in his back to the side of his spine right where the fracture is.
I am sure it is a muscle....like one giant huge knot....
But I still worry.
I hope it's not putting weird pressure on that fracture so it doesn't heal right!
I know, I am just paranoid....
We DO NOT want to have this surgery!!!!!
He will see the back Dr again on Wednesday, and I will have him look at the lump.
I am sure it is okay...I just want to be sure.
I just want him to be better.
He just wants to be better.
Hopefully, in the not too distant future, we will be able to look back and all this will only be a memory!


No comments: