Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sunday March 29

 Today was a day that we have felt the many prayers and fasting from loved ones near and far.
We are beyond blessed and we know we aren't in this fight alone.
It was a good day.
Well, it started with being a good night.
We had a great nurse, and he stayed on top of things so Brent was comfy a lot of the night.
He did a lot of napping again this morning.
But I did get him to eat some of his breakfast and lunch.
The most exciting thing was when the PT came and I got his brace on (they wanted to see if I could get it on him myself.)
When he sat up, he knew instantly that it would be much better than it was yesterday.
That lifted his spirits.
He started walking and he felt pretty good.
Well, not good......but better than it was yesterday!
So they kept walking all the way down the hall.
It was slow going, but he did so great!
I hate to say that Brent is a pessimist......but he kind of is.
So it was great to have something go well, so he can see that this is possible!
At some point in the day, we had a cute couple come in from the hospital LDS branch and they shared a little time with us and brought us the sacrament.
The rest of the morning was pretty slow.
Lots of napping, which is good.
He really needs good sleep!
Emmy brought the kiddos a little after 1:30, I think.
It was so good to see their little faces.
My babies.
I just love those little people.....well most of them are little.....Madi is a little giant :)
It did some real good for dad to see his babies.
To see that they are doing good.
That they are safe and well taken care of.
Kay and Monica and Jalena came a little bit before the kiddos showed up.
And then it was like a party started!
We had visitor after visitor....so many family members.
It was so great.
Even Brent loved it :)
Nancy and Russ brought down Grams and Gramps.
Along with Heather, Lauren, Adrie, Matthew and Caleb.
Yesterday Brent told his mom on the phone not to worry about coming to the hospital.
We didn't want to wear her out and stress her out.
He was doing fine and he would see her soon.
Well, Nancy told us today that Grandma needed to see him for herself.
She needed to touch him.
She needed to see for herself that he baby boy was really doing okay and that everyone wasn't just lying to her :)
It was so tender to see his mom sitting next to her baby boy.
They both needed to see each other.
Mama wanted to make sure her baby boy was safe, and her baby boy needed the loving touch of his mama.
So glad they came down.
That group started to clear out (except Emmy and my kiddos).
Stephy and Bruce came to visit.
Seems silly for people to drive for 1+ hour to visit for a few minutes.
But we feel the love.
Then Dussy boy showed up with Sandra and Uncle Sheriff Ugly.
It was good to talk with them too.
We have such great families!
We are so very blessed!
I had Sandra snap a little family 'back together' picture.
How come Brent has the broken back, but I'm the one who looks sick???????
The kiddos left, we had tears :(
Not a lot of tears....and they surprisingly came from the two big girls, not the little ones.
It is a little bit heart wrenching for my 13 year old to hug me and break into tears.
I told her I just wanted to get them all home together and cuddle up and hold them and never leave each other again.
My Madi Bell has been such a great help, but she is still hurting a lot physically.
And it has been hard emotionally as well.
Especially since she has to be the BIG one.
And Cass, poor thing has been so emotional....breaks my heart.
But they are strong girls!
Amazing kids!
*****
So the plan for today was to start getting off the IV meds.
So I am a little weary of the night tonight......
I hope the nurse will stay on top of things and get him the meds at the right times so we don't have to play catch up.
That makes me angry!
It's their job to give them the meds, not try to put more distance between doses!
Anyway.....sorry....just a little frustration.
Some nurses have been super awesome, others....boo!
So I hope the goodness from today, and the blessings we have seen will extend into the night as well :)










5 comments:

Michelle Burk said...

I love everything about this post! Those darling faces surrounding Brent is tender. And wow, the room full of family is heart warming. Thank you for posting such beautiful posts and keeping us updated. You are an amazing example of love and strength. Tell Brent how much we love and believe in a fast and perfect recovery. Love you!!

Young family said...

We are so glad that yesterday was a better day! It was fun to see all the pictures of visitors! My heart aches for Madi and Cassi... It would be something amazing if they could write about this experience, like you did... If you can convince Brent to, he should as well!
WE hope that each day he gets stronger and stays positive! Sending our love from Idaho...

Cindi said...

Love this post Kim! I can feel your hope! Thank you for sharing and keeping us updated. Madi and Cassi are strong young women just like their mother. We love you!

Unknown said...

I love the photos! ANd hes feeling better!
My neighbor broke his back on a motorcylce a couple yrs ago! I remember visiting him and praying he would pull through. He did! Brent reminds me of Kurt. I would constantly see kurt walking up our road in his camo turtle shell. Tell that sweet hubby of yours to hang in there. It will take time but you all will get there! I wish I lived closer to help you, I totally would. Prayers and thoughts always. Michelle!

MegJill said...

I kind of disappeared from reading blogs for a while as I was finishing school, but have been reading again these last few months. I've loved reading about your family and your farm and home work. It was just so sad to read about what happened, and I am so happy your family is safe! Definitely angels watching over all of you. What a crazy thing to deal with right now, though your husband seems to be a fighter and will hopefully heal as quickly as possible. Prayers for all of you from West Virginia!