Sunday, March 01, 2015

Sunday March 1

Madi and I went to the Stake conference broadcast.
Elder L. Tom Perry came from Utah for the conference.
It was such a great meeting.
One of those things that it feels like it was all planned for me and the talks were just what I needed to hear :)
So glad that Madi and I went.
The first speaker was Brother Brent Neilson of the seventy.
He talked about change.
Talked about the Lamanites and when they realized they needed to change.
And they buried their weapons and promised God not to kill again.
How we need to bury our weapons that are keeping us from being the best we can be.
Then Sister Neills Marriot spoke about avoiding contention.
Ya....there has been quite a lot of contention around this place......
I guess our life has been a bit disrupted.
Time to fix that.
She spoke about it only taking one person to be able to change.
And about serving others and treating others as you would treat Christ.
Then we got to hear from Elder . Tom Perry.
Oh man, he was so witty and so much fun.
He's a spry 93 year old man.
He talked about traditions.
How traditions bring us closer together as a family.
We need to make traditions that help us to live the way the Lord wants us to live.
That our traditions are grounded in the gospel.
And if we trust in him, the rest will come automatically.
Anyway.....like I said, things I needed to hear.
It was a great meeting.
When we came home, we played some family games.
That was really nice.
I'd like to play more games :)
Good family fun!
Elsie giggled and laughed so much.
Mostly at dad.
And his 'serious' goofiness :)
It was a lot of fun.
Later, Port and I made some lady fingers.
Super yummy :)
Then I remembered that I was supposed to bring cookies for the youth fireside at the bishops house.
So I made a batch of brownies.
Madi and I left for the fireside about 7.
It was more of a get to know the bishopric more than an actual fireside.
It was fun and fun for the youth to get to know the bishop and his counselors better.
So it was  pretty good day  :)






1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Sounds like a wonderful stake conference!!

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun playing games!! :o)