Saturday, February 21, 2015

Saturday February 21

 Once the rooms got clean and the cake was made, it was time for the bike show.
Oh, we also had one flat tire that needed to be fixed :)
The boys were super excited about their show.
Madi helped set up seats for the 'spectators'.
They were pretty funny, riding back and forth with their tricks.
Glad there wasn't any crashes :)
After the show, we had some bike cake with Ports chocolate bikes.
(Don't make fun of my cake plate.....which also doubles as my cutting board....)
It was a fun time, and I am sure it won't be the last.
I see some major ramps and tricks from these boys in the years to come.
*****
We worked more on the decking today.
Well, dad did.
He is hurting today, but wanting to work through it.
He is doing really good.
If only we had a working bathtub, I think that would be really good for him.
Or a hot tub :)
*****
Inside the house is all textured and primed.
It is so white, and clean and crisp.
Super awesome!
It is really coming together!
The drywall guys left their scaffolding, which I kinda want them to leave a little longer!
It would be nice to have that to use to paint the high walls in that entry space!
So I guess painting is the next step.
Guess I need to go a pick my colors!
Yay :)
*****
It was our YW/YM temple trip tonight.
So Madi and I left for the church about 5:30.
It was a good time.
I have never been as a leader.
Glad I could go, and help these sweet girls move along the work :)
It would have been cool to get the whole group in a picture, but we caught most of the beehives, and the bishop, and a couple of the deacons too.
Afterwards we went for ice cream.
It was a good night.
We came home to the little ones in bed and a nice clean house.
Dad is pretty much the greatest!
































1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Exciting!! Can't wait to see the pictures and hear about the bike show!!