Sunday, November 02, 2014

Sunday November 2

The kids were so cute today before church, and they were so nice to let me take a picture....since I didn't take one of just them when we did family pictures.
It was a good day today at church.
I taught the combined YW class.
I was pretty nervous about it, but I think it went well.
Madi said she liked it, so that counts for something, right???
It was about Gratitude.
I used the talks from Pres. Monson, "The divine gift of Gratitude" and Pres. Uchtdorf, "Grateful in any circumstances".
Both such amazing talks!!!!
I started with an object lesson.
I had a rainbow of colored papers.
hat represented our lives.
Then I named off a few trials and things that come along in our life that seem to tear us down.
With each thing, I tore pieces off.
Then at the end of tearing the paper, I said that some people look at the pile and think, "Man my life is just full of problems"  but others might look at the pile and think of it as confetti (that's when I threw it in the air) and be grateful for the gift of life, the problems we can overcome and all the things we are blessed with.
I really did enjoy planning a lesson....not so much giving it....
But planning it gives me extra reason and time to study up on great topics.
I guess I don't need an excuse to do it, but it is easier to set the time aside when you know others are counting on you.
You know what I mean???
At the end there was time for some YW to bear their testimonies, and I was sure impressed.
We have some pretty great girls with strong testimonies.
Just what we need in this world right now!
 

1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

What a great lesson! I love the visual with making the paper be confetti!!

LOVE the pictures of the kids!!! And love the colors!!