Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thursday June 26

I call today a very successful day.
First of all, Dad got called in for an overtime shift.
Poor guy is so tired!
But he said they treated him like a rock star today at work, so that's not too bad :)
It will be great to have him back home.
Hopefully we can get him to bed at a good time to catch up on some sleep!
We had a humongous garbage container brought in today for when the roof comes off.
It is 8ft by 21ft and 6ft sides.
Ya, it's big!
We also had the satellite people come and move the satellite off the roof.
I called to cancel yesterday.....
Well, I called to have it moved, and they said it was a $50 charge, so I said, k, just cancel us then.
But the guy kept giving me free stuff to stay.
So no charge to move it :)
So he came out this morning too.
Madi was SO MUCH HELP TODAY!!!!
She seriously rocks!
Cassi had a hard time.
She is always in fight mode, and I don't know why.
I get some mean looks and faces and words.
When she went to bed tonight she said she just wants to see what its like to help as much as Madi does, and I told her that it would be great.
If she could just do the things I ask her to do, then it would be wonderful!
She did get her room cleaned completely out today.
So that is good.
But Madi packed closets, moved furniture.....she was awesome with everything :)
We got a lot of stuff out to the garage, and moved downstairs.
The walls went up today on the house.
They did 9 ft. ceilings in the new part, which makes it look ginormous!
But it will all come together :)
The truss guy came out and showed me a 3D model of the house, I could move it around and check the inside and stuff.
It was pretty dang cool!
So things are moving right along.
I went out and talked with Bob periodically.
He told me how it has been so great working with us.
He said it is a pleasure.
He said we were a great family and it was a great atmosphere.
That made me smile.
We sure lucked out with having him too.
Like I said, we knew him before this, but not well at all.
Just by name.
But things have worked so great.
He has been so great to work with.
And he takes the time to help me understand things, which is great, because I have taken a big interest on how all this is working together.
It is pretty cool :)
He even flipped a wall for me.
We had to push a wall back because of a mis-drawing by the architect.....
and it made the door in an odd space that didn't make much sense, but if we flipped the already made wall around, it would work out.
And he did it happily for me.
I am not sure how it started, but he asked if their dad ever played guitar for them, and used his level as a guitar :)
Cassi was out with me and I pointed to Cass and said she played.
He said, well bring it out and play for us!
So she did.
She was shy about it, so he said he wouldn't look at her while she played.
It was pretty funny :)
Anyway....I guess that's our day.
I image that these walls will get sheeted tomorrow.
Oh, and the other inside walls and stairs.
Exciting things going on here :)
 






My new front door!

2 comments:

Bald n Beautiful said...

So fun to watch your progress!

Emily Peterson said...

KIM!!! It's coming along so fast!!! I'm so excited for you!!