Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday June 23

Took Cassi to guitar this morning, and then right after, I took Elsie to PT.
Our framer didn't show up today until 12.
I wasn't sure if he was coming.
But he did.
And man, he sure got a lot done for saying it was just himself.
But I am sure he plans to be here a bit earlier tomorrow, and hopefully he has helpers!
Brent will be home too, so that's good :)
When I got back home, we went and picked up Cassi's friend Carley.
They have had a play date planned for a while....so it's good to get them together.
Port and cannon played here for a while.
Elsie did her thing :)
She is so good at entertaining herself.
She had a little Matthews Buffalo family today, one for each one of our family members.
How cute is that???
Madi and I cleaned up and threw away and donated the whole playroom today.
I figure if I can get one room done a day, we are good to go.
A little bit later, Madi and Port went to Cannon's house to swim with the Morgan's, and Cassi and Carley played in the sprinklers.
So, I think it was a pretty good day today.
And boy.....my fire fighter has had quite a day today!!!!!
He called me just after 6:00 this afternoon to tell me about a canal rescue they went on.
And he was the one to jump in the canal and rescue the guy.
He was so pumped when he called me and told me about it.
He told me how they got the call, but no one knew exactly where the guy had floated too.
So they picked a point and drove to it.
A cop was there to point the guy out, the guy had been under for about 5 minutes when they got to him.
The cop right there didn't have a rope, but the one running down the canal, watching the guy, he had one.
So Brent grabbed it and dove in.
Brent jumped in with his helmet and life vest on, and swan to the guy, and then dove down to get him.
He was completely out, gone and heavy as a rock.
Brent said he popped back up and gave them the signal to pull him back in, but then, SNAP, the rope broke!!!!!
He said he looked around at all the cops surrounding him and he had a sinking feeling in his stomach that this wasn't good.
Then he saw a cop car pull up and out comes his captain and hose man, and he was a very happy fireman at that point!
They threw the floaty thing out to him, he got it and dragged the guy in.
He threw him down on the ground and started working him.
They got him in the ambulance and by the time he was to the hospital he had a pulse and was breathing.
The news tonight said that the guy is doing well and they expect him to be okay.
How awesome is my man?????
Only bad thing....he had his phone in his pocket when he jumped in the water :(
He said it's sitting in a bag of rice now.
Hopefully it does the trick......
So, then tonight, as I am getting ready to blog, I had the news on, looking for the story about the canal rescue, and find out that Brent was on a fire tonight too!
Holy smokes, he will be on cloud nine for a while with today's events!!!
I haven't heard from him yet tonight, so I don't know any details, except that he was looking super cute on the news :)
 







 



No comments: