Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tuesday May 20

I got a lot done in the garden today!
That is one big garden :)
But it sure makes me happy!
Already seeing sprouts coming up.
It amazes me every time I see these little plants sprout from tiny seeds.
Amazing!
Port and I planted our corn rows.
Dad got more done with the gated irrigation pipes.
When I took Port to preschool, I went and grabbed my tomato plants and I also got some strawberry plants.
The only thing I have left to do is my sweet potatoes and red potatoes.
Oh and pumpkins.....
Gotta have pumpkins!!!!
*****
Today is Emmy's birthday :)
Elsie as so excited about telling everyone today.
I have a really cute picture of Elsie holding a birthday sign that says 'Happy Birthday' for Emmy....
But for some reason, my phone and computer aren't talking to each other!
(I am close to not wanting to talk to the computer either!!!!! Slow and frustrating!)
But it is super cute.
Emmy got to see it, cause I texted it to her this morning :)
Elsie is wearing her eye patch in it.
She did great this morning and wore it for 2 hours all morning.
Good girl.
Hope we can keep it up :)
*****
Elsie and I also went to her teacher, Mrs. Peterson's, retirement party this evening.
After 29 years, she is finally getting out of first grade!!!!
She is a great teacher.
I have to admit...I wasn't sure about Elsie being in her class at the beginning of the year....
But I trusted Mrs. Grayson (Elsie's Kindergarten teacher) and went with it.
She has a very monotone voice, and she just didn't seem friendly....
But she loves those kids and it was such a great classroom.
Elsie learned a lot and made lots of friends and just loves Mrs. Peterson, and so do I :)


1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Thanks for the birthday pictures and presents!!! Love you all so much!!!