Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Tuesday April 1

Oh what a fun day it was!!!!!!
Happy April Fools day.
There wasn't much planned before last night when the girls said "I wonder what Dad has planned!"
So I sent him a text to give him a heads up :)
He had me do a few things after the girls went to bed.
I set Madi's phone to go off with a rooster alarm :)
But I also wrapped her phone up in saran wrap.......ha ha ha....
I moved Cassi's bed around her room.
I tried to move it to the other wall, but it was not a quite thing to move, and I did it very slowly to make sure she would stay asleep!
I also put a little cup of water on top of the door in the bathroom for when Madi went in the morning :)
He also had me put salt on all of their toothbrushes...
Porter came in to bed with me about 1 last night and he was awake at 5 with an April Fools idea.
He thought it would be so funny to hide the basket of socks from the girls.
Yes, it is just a basket....I don't fold socks.
I just put them in a basket.
If they wanna fold, they can....but they usually just dig for what they need.
Hey, that's how we roll around here.
So when we got up, Port and I hid the basket and put an empty one in it's place.
It was a great idea :)
We had breakfast and the girls planned pranks for Dad.
Madi felt like she was running late, so she rushed down after we ate and got socks.
We heard a yell "WHERE ARE THE SOCKS????"
Ha ha......
Then she came and tried to put her shoes on, which I had stuffed with toilet paper in the toes :)
Awesome!
Then she rushed the brush her teeth....yep you guessed it.
SALT!
She was such a good sport though.
She had quite a few prank planned out herself.
Oh we moved the couches around before dad came home.....
Madi put those firework poppers on the ground outside the garage door and inside the door, so dad would pop them as he walked in.
Somehow, he missed all of them :)
Madi had left for school before he came home, but he saw her at the bus stop and waited with her for the bus to come.
Once he was home, we continued to get ready for school, and play pranks.
Dad stacked up egg cartons in the cupboard door, then asked Cassi to get him a cup :)
They all fell out on her.
Cass wanted to ride the bus, so she left a bit early.
Dad told her she could take the umbrella if she took good care of it.
When she opened it, he had stuffed it with those poppers, and they all fell out and exploded.
It was perfect :)
She was off and then we got Elsie ready and she went to school.
She was excited to go and tell her aids that she had gotten a buffalo.
It was so funny, because they believed her :)
Then she told them April Fools, and they all laughed and thought that it was so great.
So the morning went good.
After lunch, Porter was supposed to go to preschool.
But he was crying and not wanting to go.
So weird.
He was acting just like Cassi did last year.....all those terrible mornings.
I told Brent I must be doing something wrong.....
Or maybe something right, because they just want to be with me all the time :)
Anyway.....He cried the whole way to his teachers house and then wouldn't get out of the car.
So I went and talked to his teacher.....
We will try on Thursday.
He kept saying "I just want to be with my family.  I just love my family SOOO much!"
Port and I talked about maybe sticking a family picture in his backpack for Thursday.
He pinky promised he would go, so I am sure he will stick to it :)
Oh I hope so!!!!
Then I took him grocery shopping with me.
Then the day kind of went by fast.
Madi came home and then I went and got the girls.
Dad and I started dinner, which was the fun part about today.
Port was in on it too.
We made a meatloaf cake :)
Meatloaf covered with pink mashed potatoes, and birthday candles on top.
It was a big hit with Elsie!
Then Porter set the table with silly things for out plates and forks.....We had some awesome stuff!
Pot lids, measuring cups, popcorn tubs, juice pitcher lids, tongs :)
It was awesome!
Earlier I had made Jello and put in cups to set up.
That was something I didn't tell Port about, so he was surprised when he couldn't drink it out!
Priceless!!!!!
We also put our salad in the juice container, and mugs to eat our salad out of.
It was a big hit with everyone!
Then for dessert I made some strawberry shortcake, with gummy worms hidden inside.
Yummy.
Lets see....there were a ton of other pranks.....
The girls had some Elmers glue dried and painted it with finger nail polish, and put it on the floor with the polish tipped over.
It got me good, I walked in and started yelling at the girls to come and clean it up :)
Madi covered my laptop with post it notes and she put a fake calendar cover up that had a reminder to pay the kids $1000 each.
When Port was in his room playing with Cassi, Madi, Elsie Dad and I taped poppers to the top of his door and yelled for him to come and they all popped all around him.
Great stuff!
Oh and just as Madi was getting ready to get in the shower, Dad made it so the shower was locked on, and it was aimed right at her when she turned the water on.
Again, she was a great sport :)
I am sure there is way more that I am forgetting to write down.
But it is safe to say that it was a really fun day for all of us :)
 








 


2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

You guys crack me up!!! Seriously, that is SO MANY pranks!!! What a fun, eventful day!!!!

Nancy said...

What a blast!!!!