Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tuesday December 31

Last day of 2013.
Kind of hard to believe.
So crazy!
Today the kids helped me clean.
It was mostly washing sheets and cleaning bedrooms, taking out garbage's, washing/sorting/folding/putting away laundry, and then just the everyday stuff.
I had lots more I wanted to get done.
We can do that tomorrow.
But things went pretty well when we were cleaning.
We did have some troubles and talking back a little later on.
Madi did some more sewing.
She made a doll for Porter and a cute little Buffalo bag for Elsie.
I told her she needs to slow down on the dolls cause she is getting a bit sloppy, but they are still darn cute.
She calls them Pocket Pals :)
I got grocery shopping done, except I lost my list and forgot a bunch of stuff :(
Once I got back, that's when there was a lot of fighting and a lot of trouble.
I had the bathroom door slammed on me (one too many times) and I hit the door with my palm open, and broke the mirror, leaving little cuts all over my hand.
Great way to end the year, right.
Believe me, I know I am not winning Mom of the year anytime soon.
I got it cleaned up and sat them all down and begged them to just help me out.
Just stop fighting and just do what I ask so we can have a fun time tonight.
I think they understood, and it wasn't too bad after that.
We went a ran a few errands then then stopped by to say Hi to Jenni and her family, and her parents who are in town.
After that we also stopped to see the Young's for the last time this year.
Then picked up pizza on the way home.
We ate dinner and played lots of games.
Elsie's tooth has been dangling the last couple days, and I had to get it out.
I tricked her again and kind of knocked it out while 'checking' her teeth.
Good thing there aren't any more lose ones for a while (hopefully) because I don't think she would trust me near her mouth.
Anyway......
We spent a few hours playing all kinds of games.
It was a lot of fun.
we had an early count down because I knew Elsie wouldn't last.
The kids all loved it and it was a fun time.
I wish we would have all gone to bed then, cause I am tired!!!!!!!!!!
But they are up, still.
bout 10 more minutes until the new year.
Oh I hope tomorrow is a good year.
I don't think it is a good thing for your day 1 of a new year to be bad, is it???
Oh, and once Elsie went to bed, Madi started doing some more sewing and Porter wanted to make himself a cowboy doll.
He had most of it done by the time I came up from putting Elsie to bed.
He just wanted me to cut the cowboy boots spurs and the hands.
Pretty darn cute :)
*****
Here's hoping (and praying) that 2014 is our best year yet!!!!!
 
 






No comments: