Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thursday October 31

Happy Halloween!
The morning started out with a lot of fighting.
:(
But I was super tired and grumpy (Porter has NOT been sleeping well at all!)
And we all know that when Mom is grumpy.....nothing goes good.
After a lot of apologizing I got them off to school and took Porter to the gym.
I was so grumpy and tired and I did not want to go to the gym....but Porter was so excited because Miss. Rachel said he could wear his costume to the gym....how could I tell him no?
Miss Rachel gave him the cutest little treat bag too.
He was a happy little boy....but you can tell he is tired too.
If he would just SLEEP!!!!!!!!
Anyway.....
He also had a fun Halloween party for preschool too.
Elsie and Cassi both had parties too and got to wear their costumes, but I couldn't make it to either of them because it was during the time I had to go and pick up Porter.
But they both had a lot of fun.
Madi was a crazy girl today......
Oh man.
The joys of a pre-teen and all those emotions!
I love that girl and my heart aches for her and what she feels.
And I try to be understanding....but she is crazy!
Anyway, she was typing a paper for a class, and she needed to print it, and I wanted to read through it and she was adamant that I didn't read it, like in tears.
So of course I wanted to know what in the world was going on that I couldn't read about!!!!
Anyway, I printed it off for her and noticed a misspelled word, so I read through the first paragraph to make sure it was misspelled for sure.....I asked her if she wanted me to proof read it, cause I noticed a misspelled word.
So I told her and she went into a crying fit.
I finally got though to her and she agreed that I should probably read through it.
It was a great paper.
She is a peer tutor for a couple Special Ed kids, and this paper was about those experiences.
She did a great job and it was only a few minor fixes that it needed.
I thought things were good and started getting the kids ready for Trick-or-Treating.
Well, she had another break down.....she didn't want to go, she wanted to go, she didn't want to be home alone....
She didn't want to dress up, she didn't want to be a scarecrow, but she wanted to dress up.....
Exhausting :)
She finally came up with a cat costume to wear and she was happy...and I was happy.
I love that girl.....tonight I talked with her and told her that she is gonna have some pretty crazy and irrational feelings and I was going to try and understand and be there for her....
I hate that she has to feel like that, cause I hate feeling like that too!
Anyway....trick or treating went well too.
The kids had fun and got too much candy.
That is what Halloween is all about.
Porter was tuckered out.....
We got home at 7:30, I got Elsie in bed and came up to get him, and he was sound asleep on the couch.
Hope it lasts all night long!
 




 
 

1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Wow! What a day! I'm glad it ended well! Those pre-teenager hormones!!!!!!