Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tiesday August 27

Oh man....what a day.
The girls had their first day of school today.
It was a great morning.
I had a fun 'back to school' table set for them and made them some cinnamon french toast.
They were all excited and happy to get going.
Madi was nervous, but ready to get started.
Cassi was super hyper.
Very excited and I think trying to mask her nerves :)
But it all went smooth.
She was all done and ready early, and the last half hour before we left was when she started to get a little nervous....but she did good.
Madi rode the bus and I drove Cassi and Elsie.
Miss Jodie was there to meet us as soon as we got to school.
Elsie just lit up as soon as she saw her.
Jodie will be her first aide in the day....and I think that will make life so much easier for Elsie (and me!)
We dropped her off at class and Miss Jodie showed her the stuff she needs to do.
And she was fine for us to leave.
We, Port and I, took Cassi to class to drop off her supplies that we forgot to take last night.
Her teacher was there and was super friendly and Cassi was so excited.
We followed her outside and watched her line up with her class with a big smile on her face.
I peeked back inside Elsie's class window on my way out of school.
Elsie was happy as can be sitting at her table with her best little friends.
Lucy, Brinlee, Sam, and Lucia.
I think it will be a great year.
Then Port and I went to the gym.
After that we did our grocery shopping.
I got home and I had a major headache again, making me nauseous.
So I laid Port down for a nap, and took a nap myself.
I slept for about an hour when I heard Porter yelling.
And it sounded like he was outside.
So I hopped up to make sure he didn't crawl out his window yet....
He hadn't.
But he did have his head poked out, talking with the goats in the pasture.
Little stink.
I need to move his bed so he can't climb up to the window anymore.
I know he didn't get a nap.
I told him he had to stay in his room and rest while I took a shower.
I thought maybe he would go to sleep...but he didn't.
So I showered and then got him out.
We got to work making cookies for the girls to have when they got home from school.
He has this special place he always sits when he helps me bake.
I think it is pretty cute.
We had a fun time, just him and me.
We cleaned up a bit too.
I should have done more though.....
Then Madi came home.
We talked while she ate cookies.
She had a good day.
She is excited about her classes.
She is so grown up.
I can't believe she will be twelve in 2 days!!!!!!!!
Then I left Madi and Porter to go get Cassi and Elsie.
They both had smiles on their faces when I picked them up.
They jabbered and talked the way home.
Elsie was so happy.
She said she went to the bathroom and tried, but never went to the bathroom.
That is such a long time to not go potty!!!!!!
But I am glad she tried.
That means that when she feels ready, she will already be used to going and trying, and it will be easy to just go.
We got home and they gobbled cookies.
Elsie was just happy and chipper.
I was waiting for a melt-down.
Well, the Morgans invited us to go swim.
I said what the heck.....and we went.
We didn't stay for long.
But it was fun for the kids to celebrate the first day of school like that.
We got home and I made dinner.....
Then it was showers and baths and then right in bed.
They were all out as soon as they hit the pillow.
Cassi fussed a little....but way less than usual!
I hope the whole year goes as great as today did!
 




















2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

What a day! I'm glad it went so well for everyone!!!

Young family said...

So glad your first day went well! The kids all look so cute! Good luck today with the second day!