Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday August 30

When I got Port out of the gym day care today, the babysitter told me that Porter was such a good kid.
That he was such a great helper.
I was so proud of him :)
As I buckled him in the car, I told him it was just him and me for the day (Dad took an overtime shift....a busy overtime shift, I just saw him on the news :)
I told him we could do anything he wanted to do.
He said he wanted to cook something, like banana bread.
And then he said he wanted to paint some frames and then paint pictures to go in the frames.
(He watched me spray paint frames for Madi's room yesterday)
When we pulled in the garage, he wanted to pick out the frames to use.
So he went through my stack of frames and picked two out.
Then we chose colors to spray paint.
He said we should cook while the paint dried.
We decided on baking some Chocolate-chocolate chip zucchini bread.
He was a great helper.
(He even helped me with laundry in between things too)
While that was cooking, he was ready to paint.
He wanted me to paint him a picture and he wanted to paint me a picture.
He drew an awesome picture of our family and painted it perfectly.
He wanted me to draw a picture of our family for him.
When we were done, we stuck them in the frames and then I hung the one I made in his room and he hung the one he made into my room.
I love it.
Well, by then the zucchini bread was done.
So we had a slice, and it was so yummy.
After that, it was nap time.
While he slept I cleaned up the cooking mess we made :)
I also hung Madi's pictures in her room and did some more laundry.....
Then Madi came home.
Heather called earlier and wanted to know if we could go swimming.
So when I picked the little girls up, we hurried and got our swim suits on and headed over.
We swam and ate pizza with them.
My phone is broken and wouldn't take pictures, so we don't have any swimming pictures :(
But it was fun.
We left around 6 so I could get back to visit a new family in the ward with the primary.
And then showers and bed.
I am tired.
But I bet Dad will be more tired tomorrow.
He had quite the day.
He's gonna have to fill in the blanks...but I have some pictures he sent me :)
And that doesn't include the trailer house fire where they saved a bunch of puppies.
He might need a nap tomorrow.
 









1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

What a great day for you and Port!!!