Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas day

I can't believe that Christmas has come and gone.
It was such a great day.
Dad got home shortly after 7:00 and we headed upstairs.
The kids had a great morning.
So happy.
I love watching them open stuff up.
I understand why my Mom used to have us open the gifts one at a time......all 9 kiddos :)
I missed most of what they were opening cause they just went for it.
Which is a lot of fun too :)
I had two video cameras set up to catch different angles....but I am still not sure I can see all what happened.
Oh well, they are all happy and that was what we wanted.
After a little bit of playing, we got cleaned up and loaded to head to Evanston.
I had a stocking in the car for each kid with a new gift to unwrap each hour of the trip.
It worked out pretty good.....except Port kept asking when they could open the next one over and over.
It was the kind of stuff they could keep busy with in the car, so it helped with the drive.
I think the fav was the pipe cleaners :)
We got a family Kindle.
Brent and I shared earphones while we listened to 'Life of Pi'.
Cassi was bored so she wanted to read along.
We told her she wouldn't be able to hear it, she would just have to follow along with the highlighted words.
I cannot believe how long it held her attention.
She kept up, and I kept watching her and her mouth was working right along with what I was hearing.
It was pretty cute.
Anyway, we got to Evanston safe and sound.
The kids were so excited to get here.
Grandma had some fun presents waiting for them and a ham dinner.
Yum!
I think the next few days will be fun cause we get to be with family, and it has been a long time!
 
 

 


No comments: