Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday October 24

Today was one of those days.
Like bad days.
I had nothing planned for the day.
Which is always a good thing.
So I was going to spend the day cleaning, doing laundry and editing pictures.
But pretty much everything went wrong this morning.
And to put the cherry on top of the morning, I fell asleep at the wheel.
I took some papers to Brent at the fire station that he needed.
On the way home, I drifted off and into another lane.
I woke up quick...but there was a truck right in front of me.
I got back in my lane and could not believe that happened!
I have never done that before!
I don't know why I am so tired!
I got home and told myself I would not be going anywhere else (except to go get Elsie from school.)
I cleaned a bit and did some editing.
The rest of the day went pretty good, except that I didn't get as much done as I had planned.
Picked up Elsie and then Joanne came over for speech, while Porter had a friend over to play.
When that was all done, I laid Porter down and did some laundry.
When Madi came home I couldn't stay awake any longer.
So I laid down and Madi hung out with Elsie while putting together the tutu for Elsie to wear on Halloween.
She's a great helper.
The little cat nap was nice.
I can't wait to get to sleep tonight.
*****
Madi has been worried about her grade in keyboarding.
She is getting an A, so i am not sure why she is worried.
But she wants to do better.
So she has been practicing at home with a blanket over her hands.
I can say right now that there is NO WAY I could even type my own name if I had to have my hands covered!
I am a two, maybe three, finger typer.
I don't see that changing :)
I am proud of her and her willingness to push herself further and try harder to be her very best!
 


1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Oh Kim! I'm so thankful you are okay and that nothing happened! I sorry you are so tired - I don't know what advice to give other than to get more sleep (I know, easy to say, hard to do).

Madi is so wonderful! Such a smart, beautiful, helpful girl!