Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday September 19

This boy is my buddy.
 
 
Every day I can count on him randomly saying " I just yuv you mom."
He really is so great.
I love the one-on-one time we get when the girls are at school.
And when dads home, it is even more fun.
But today it was just Port and me.
I had to go grocery shopping.
Something I like to save for me and NO KIDS :)
But that didn't work out this week.
Each night he asks, "What should we do when we wake up?"
So last night I told him we were gonna go shopping after the girls go to school.
I told him that I needed him to be a super great helper for me and not be bad at all.
I may or may not have bribed him with the chance of getting a Ninjago. (Don't judge me!!!)
He was awesome.
In the morning I would ask him to do something and he would do it right away.
After we dropped the girls off, he was very talkative and talking about the kind of car he wants to drive when he gets big.He is pretty set on having his own Transformer car....preferably Bumble bee.
He also asked me "Why did Heavenly father make us so we (everyone in general) could be mean?"
I told him that Heavenly Father didn't make us mean, that we get to choose if we are mean or nice.
And that we should choose to be nice all the time.
He liked that.
He was so good while we did the grocery shopping.
Helped me load the cart with all the many things we like to spend all our money on :)
We got home and he helped me unload.
(I may or may not have helped him put together his Ninjago......)
We went and got Elsie and eat, then it was nap time.
As soon as I said it, he grabbed his blanket and headed right down.
This kid likes to talk for a bit at nap time and bedtime.
I love it.
Sometimes it is hard to get out of there......but I do love his questions and the way his mind works.
He finally went to sleep and when he woke up I asked if he could help me fold some towels.
He was happy to help.
He was nice with Elsie.
He helped with chores.
He helped with dinner.
He was just a great kid today.
I went and put him into bed tonight and he started asking "Why Heavenly Father put bones on our bodies."
Then we talked about body parts and insides.
He asked what was inside our elbows, inside our nose, our hair....he talked for quite a long time asking those questions.
Then when I was about to leave, he said "Wait, we didn't talk about what was inside of these."
And he pointed to his legs and knees and feet.
I told him we could talk about it tomorrow night.
But somehow he got me to talk more about it.
He was quite curious about finger nails.
He said it was like bones, but soft.
Soft like under your armpit, so that must be made out of the same thing.
Silly boy.
Love him.
Every night when I walk out of his room I tell him "Your my Boy."
And he answers back with "Your my Girl."
The other night, I had been in and out several times, and the last time I walked out, I didn't say it.
He called for me to come back in and said "Mom, did you forget to say something?"
That kid makes my heart happy.
He makes me oh so very tired......and he makes me so frustrated.....he makes me mad.....but he makes me laugh and smile and he melts my heart.
It is a good little mixture :)


2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Kim - What a beautiful post about a wonderful boy!!

Chalisse Martineau said...

I absolutely love his questions. They sound like my boys questions; I love watching them think as I explain their world around them.
Oh and I so agree with having a transformer car, I too would prefer Bumblebee-he's the coolest!