Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday September 25

 
 
Before Porter took his nap today, I tried to get these two to sit down and eat.
He had Elsie hysterically laughing!
He kept saying, 'Mom, take a picture."
So I did.
How funny is he.....I had to laugh that he wanted me to take a picture.
I am not sure what Elsie thought was so dang funny.
I do know that this girl is super exhausted when she comes home from school.
She has a little bit of down time when she comes home (once Porter is taking his nap) and then she gets all worn out again when everyone comes home from school.
She is always VERY ready to go to sleep at bedtime!
Tonight she had a little bit of a rough time getting to sleep.
She was pretty fussy and whiny...
Makes me wonder if she might be getting sick.
But it could just be the weather too...
I guess we will have to wait and see what the next couple of days bring us.
I sat and tickled her hand while she fell asleep.
It reminded me of when these kids were little babies.
I would tickle down her palm and her hand would instinctively wrap around my finger (while she was on the verge of being completely asleep).
I thought it was so sweet.
Sweet girl.
Please don't get sick!!!
*****
Our nightly routine goes like this:
7:30- little ones to bed
The big girls do their homework
8:30 - big ones to bed.
Then Dad and I clean up or finish up whatever needs to be finished....
Then we watch something together and I blog.
9:30 - parents are supposed to go to bed!
(We usually don't make that)
But with me waking up at 5:30 a.m. to workout....9:30 is a great time to get to bed.
So we need to work on that :)


1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

Silly Port! I hope Elsie stays well.