Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday August 27

I feel completely emotional exhausted today.
I cannot believe school starts tomorrow.
I feel very unprepared for this.
And since I am unprepared.....I feel like the kids are too.
I feel bad sending them to school unprepared.
But maybe they are ready.....and I am just not.
I don't know.
I pray that Madi will feel peace and find friends and have a fun time.
I don't want her to stress.....I want this to be fun for her.
I think I have done a good job hiding from her how I really feel about this happening.
I know she will do great.
I know she will.
I just wish we could skip past any hurt feelings, or being left out, or feeling lost.
But I guess that is all part of growing up.
*
Cassi is excited.
Sounds like she has a great teacher.....but she doesn't know many of her kids in her class.
Which is never really a problem with Cassi.
She finds friends in 2 minutes.
But she does have some nervousness going on.
My fear with her is that I hope she really knows how much she is loved.
I feel like we are always ragging on Cassi for something.....
I hate that we do that.
She reminds me of what I was probably like at her age.
She is such a great kid.....and I want her to know that.
We all think she is amazing!
*
Then there is Elsie bug.
I don't even know what to think.
I don't have ANY idea of how tomorrow will go.
I know she is excited.
I know she loves her teacher.
She loves her classroom.
But I worry about her at recess.....I worry about her when kids start running around her.
I worry about kids making fun of her for how she talks or walks.
I feel like crying right now.
I have already done too much of that today thinking of it all.
 
But how can I not, I am their Mom.
I know I have to put these little ones out into the world......but it just scares me.
I just love them so much and I don't ever want them to feel sad or lonely or scared.
 

How awesome is this that we found this book at the library????
Super awesome!!!
She loves it.
I hope it helps get her pumped up tomorrow :)
*****
Another reason for my emotional exhaustion.....
Baby Henley Jane was born today.
And I got to be there.
Jenni asked me if I would photograph the birth.
It was amazing....
Being there while Jenni incredibly did it all with no epidural....as Brad would say, like a Rock Star!!!
But also seeing new life enter this world.
Absolutely amazing.
 

Thanks Jenni and Brad for letting me be there to share it all with you.
And I am so excited that you have pictures to remember forever :)
*****
Tonight we took the kids to Wendy's for a special back to school dinner.
 
In all reality....
I have had no time to do real shopping, and we have no groceries.
So we went out.....
They thought it was great :)
And you gotta top it off with a frosty.
 


2 comments:

Chalisse Martineau said...

Aunt Kim you are a Great Mom! All your sweet little Angels will be in our prayers. Can't wait to hear how their 1st day of school went!

Nancy said...

You made my cry and laugh all in the same post! The groceries is a great reason to go out to eat along with just not wanting to cook..lol. My prayers are with you as your kids step backinto the school world. Summers are so wonderful when they are just with you and loved and protected.