Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday June 13


The kids have been doing a lot of reading.
I picked up the summer reading program from the library and they have all been excited about reading.
Of course, they have always been great readers....but it is always fun to get prizes for it!
Elsie has been reading a lot of books on the computer.
So if anyone knows of any great reading websites that are easy to maneuver, let me know :)
And Madi has done a good job reading to Porter.
I read books to Porter every night....but he really enjoyed having Madi read to him.
He loves books!
He actually sits still to listen to them.
Crazy.
I told them all we would go to the library soon so they could pick some books.
*****
So this is what we did today.
Just a little demo...that's all :)
Oh, did you know our whole house is made of cinder brick.
Yep...
So cutting out a door space makes quite the mess!!!



I am so excited!
It really looks great.
It brings so much natural light into the living area and it just looks nice.
Plus it is really great to have a way to get onto the deck without climbing through a window :)


No railing yet.
We will get to it.
There are so many things to do.
And when I say that, and you think maybe you know what I am talking about....
I promise....you don't :)
But we really love it....and we are trying really hard to not let the load of stuff to do stress us out.
Right now we are trying to figure out the best way to keep things green.
The best way to irrigate the whole place.
I can imagine in my mind what things WILL look like, and it makes me so happy.
Cause it will happen.
I love it here :)


3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

The door looks AWESOME Kim!!!

Rachel said...

Seriously Awesome! That will be so nice to have that exit from the house.

DTanner said...

All these projects you are doing make me tired! It is really coming along.