Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday May 28

Today we took a trip and visited Dad at the Fire Station.
We took cookies to the guys.
I took way too many pictures.....but at least I don't have to type much, cause I know exactly what we did by looking at the pictures :)
In a few of the pictures you can see Elsie in the background....taking pictures.
This girl cracks me up.
She does that all the time.
She pretends to take a picture, then turns her hands around to 'show' you the picture :)
Love that girl.
We had a lot of fun....always do.
Port can't get enough of it!
Elsie got to play 'fireman' with Dad.
Els was the Captain, Dad was the hose man and Port was the driver.
While they were playing 'fireman'....the big girls were playing on the rings and rock wall in the back of the truck bay.
Always fun stuff to do there.
We miss Daddy while he is at work....but it sure it fun to visit him at the station.





Port did a great job with the mask on.
I told the kids that a mas like that was the reason I couldn't scuba dive.....that and being under water with it on.
I am glad that some of my kids did not get some of my genes.....

Cass was no fear, of course.

Madi tried it, but didn't like it.
She is so much like me :)
(As a side note, Madi asked if we could start running together....I think that will be fun.  I am excited to have some one-on-one time with her.  She did some Turbo with me this morning and she thought that was fun.  It will be fun to have a workout buddy :)


Elsie always tells Dad that she is gonna be a Firefighter, just like him.





Elsie played on the computer and practiced typing her name.


Talking to each other with the headphones...


Look at those eyes.....that boy melts my heart.
(and drives me crazy too!)


Elsie and dad playing 'firefighter'.


Port, being the driver......reeling the hose back in.



Playing in the back.....







Wait....who is that.....
Oh, me.
That's right....I was there too :)


Can't forget pictures of them sliding down the fire pole....

Porters a pro!


I just have to laugh with this picture....
She was going way fast down the pole.
Good thing Dad was there to stop her at the bottom.

Madi slowly sliding down.....she the cautious one.
And there's Elsie, being my second shooter :)
I think she just might be a Firefighter/Photographer when she grows up :)

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I love that your kids can see dad at work. Not many jobs like that left...

Megan said...

Oh my gosh!!! Cass's face made me laugh so so hard. I love that girl!

Emily Peterson said...

What great pictures!!! Cassi's faces made me laugh until I had tears in my eyes!! The pictures of each kid show each of their personalities so well!!! What a great little photographer Elsie is!!

Sara said...

I also laughed like crazy after seeing that picture of Cassi. Oh my gosh! So funny!!!!

There is always so much fun to be had at the fire department!