Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday April 30

I came home from picking Elsie up from school and grocery shopping to find a truckload of sod.
I was excited about it.
It is about time we spruce up the front yard a bit :)
We decided to lay sod on the side yard.
We are still undecided on the spot right in the front.
The seed is coming up nicely in the back, so I think we might seed the front part too.
Anyway....
So for the rest of the day we laid sod.
I love grass.
I think it really made the place look like a home :)
There is still so much more to do, but I love when you can have the instant gratification of sod!
There are some spots the sod didn't quite extend to, but we think there is enough grass there to even out as time goes on.



Now that I think of it....I don't think I have ever posted a full picture of the house.
Well, here it is.
In all her glory.
The animal pasture is to the left in the picture, and the shop and our other field are on the right.

I finally used those rocks that I pulled form Maters doghouse area.
My goal is to get moss to grow in between the rocks.
I love the look of moss.
Some different shutters and maybe some kind of planter boxes would be fun to do for the front of the house.
*****
We took a break for some pizza and F.H.E. planned by Madi.
She did a great job talking about how we should treat others.
And how we need to be kind.
Great job Bell :)


Yep.
That's Captain America.
This boy is so into super hero's.
It is pretty funny.
Every day he is a different one.
Dad found this mask for cheap and had to get it.
Then the boy made the shield out of a garbage can lid.
Ingenious :)
*****
And look at those Lilacs!
I am so happy that these were planted here.
I need to learn how to transplant them and put them everywhere.....
I have always loved lilacs!

2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Looks great Kim!!

Nancy said...

The lilacs are beautiful. They are one of my favorite flowers to. I wish they lasted all summer:) The sod looks great too!