Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday September 11

Guess who went to class today????
Elsie bug did!
Yay!
It took a bribe of two ice cream sandwiches....but she did it!!!!
She went with Alex to class.
She started to cry, so I sat with her and calmed her down.
I got her to sit on the chair with Alex.
Then I told her that Alex needed her to stay with her, cause her Mom and Dad has been gone for the last few days and she was missing them, so Elsie needed to help make her feel better.
I told her that I would give her 5 minutes and then I had to go and check on Porter.
I also told her that it wasn't much different than school was, and that she would be back with me soon.
Whatever I said....it worked.
Yes, it might have been the promise of two ice cream sandwiches....but I don't care.
I am just happy she did it!
I watched the two of them outside the room and Alex was so sweet with her, helping to keep her happy.
Maybe they weren't as reverent as they should be all of the time....but she wasn't crying, so I don't care :)
So after dinner, we made good on that promise.
She actually only ate one....but whenever she asks for the other one, it's hers!!!