Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday September 17

It has been a nice busy day.
And we like those.
Port thinks that trailer is his own personal trailer.
It keeps him busy out there for quite a while.
Brent put some wood protector on it, and it is looking so good!
It was quite the transformation!


Later on today we hung out with the Terry's.
They are doing some fun changes to their place too....painting walls and cabinets.
It is gonna look really good!
Then I started to work on getting my pears canned.
The ones that were ripe.
Only about half were ripe.
I think once the others ripen, I want to try and make my own pear fruit leather.
Kinda excited about that!
I love how awesome it feels to can and store that stuff away for your family!


I can't wait until I can do it with fruits that I don't have to pay for!!!!!
That is the plan for next year, if we can get everything to come back to life out there!!!!
Later on we went out to dinner with the Terry's.
Then we headed out to the Farmstead to show them how wonderful it is.....and will be :)


The kids had a blast.
So much to do and explore.
I can't say it enough....I just wish we could get out there so we can get started on all the things we want to do!!!
I need to go through the house and take before pictures of everything before we even move in, so I can remember what it was like before we got our hands on it!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

We took before pictures of our place though we haven't done much yet, I know we have them and it is fun. I can't wait to see your place!!

Books = Possibilities said...

Those pears look wonderful! You should can some spicy pears, too...yummy!

Amy said...

What an exciting time for your family!! I'm so excited to see all your projects and progress on the new place. I hope the move goes well and the transition is great for everyone!

The Holdaway Family said...

Those pears look yummy! Pear leather sounds good too!