Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday May 31

My garden is finally planted!!!!
I am so excited!
I think I may try and plant something else.....I have one empty spot.
But for now I have:
Peas
Big tomatoes
Cherry tomatoes
...actually, they are Porter dark cherry....and yes, I picked them for the name. :)
Cucumbers
Yellow Peppers
Zucchini
and lettuce of a couple different varieties.
I bought a some things as plants and the rest as seeds.
We will see how it goes.
I am going to be planting pumpkins in the back corner of the yard too.
I think it will be fun.
I also got some giant sunflowers for the girls to plant by the playhouse.
I have tried those before....many years ago....and they didn't work.
So I am hoping I can get them to grow, cause I really think they would be a lot of fun for the girls.
I am excited for my garden.
Especially for the tomatoes!
There's nothing better than a tomato fresh from the garden!!!!
*****
Elsie had her Teddy Bear Picnic at school today.
She got to wear her jammies to school....that is why she is still in her jammies!
She had a lot of fun!
She is sure gonna miss school.
She 'graduates' on Thursday.....but has a play day at school on Monday.

3 comments:

Staci said...

I wish I could get mine done... I'm beginning tothink its never going to happen this year because of the snow. I still wake up to frost every single morning... Pumpkins overtake the garden so make sure they have there own space... So jelous wish we had the weather...

Books = Possibilities said...

How exciting! I love fresh-grown veggies! Tasty!

The Holdaway Family said...

Looks great! I am so excited for you! We just planted Tomatoes, strawberries, zucchini and one cabbage plant (Morgan got for a contest for school)