Sunday, May 01, 2011

This girl makes me smile.

Elsie did a new trick today.
She slides down the slides and lands on her FEET!!!!!
This is so exciting!
I know for some kids it isn't a big deal.
But I think it is amazing!
She works so hard.....and she is so happy when she accomplishes a goal.
Of course I have to have pictures to add to the blog book....cause you can't add video....but check out the video.....doesn't she ROCK!


Tomorrow we plan to add a railing to the stairs so she can WALK up the stairs.
This girl just makes me happy.
*******
Madi and I were the only ones who went to church today.
Elsie was fine today.....but since she threw up last night, I thought an extra day would be best to keep her home.
Cassi also stayed home cause she wasn't feeling super good.
She was torn.
She didn't feel good, but really wanted to go to church.
She kept going back and forth.....
I finally told her to just go shower and start getting ready.
After her shower she came to me and said...."I have a great idea, I could stay home but just watch the Book of Mormon videos all day."
I had to laugh.
I thought it was so cute that she really wanted to get some kind of 'church' in.
So she stayed home with Dad and Elsie, and Porter.
Porter was fine, but it was just easier to leave him at home to take a nap...which he did.
We just asked him to stay in the crib, and that if he did we could get him a big boy bed.
So that is working for now.
We will see.
 But I had a nice time with Madi at church.
I could sit with my arm around her and listen to all the wonderful testimonies given today.
Although, I did miss hearing Cassi's sweet testimony today.
I asked Madi if she wanted to and she looked at me with the most terrified look on her face.
She is so much like me!
It was another great day at church.
I can really say that I LOVE going to church.
I love the people, I love how I feel.
I just love church.
*****
We had a nice evening together as a family....playing out back and then running over to the park.
That park is so nice to have right here.
We love it.
Sister Roll stopped by to see her Elsie Rose.
It has been 3 weeks since Elsie got to see Sis. Roll....and Elsie was so excited.
She loves Sister Roll!!!!
She is such a blessing in our lives.
She also brought some cookies for Elsie, and man, she makes the absolute best cookies around!
We love you Sis. Roll!!!

6 comments:

Sara said...

Yay Elsie!!! She is amazing!!!

Books = Possibilities said...

Elsie, You are INCREDIBLE!! So proud of you, girl!

The Holdaway Family said...

Yeah, Elise! You are amazing! Bailey and Morgan love going to church and are sad on the days we miss...Owen and Reagan are just the opposite, hopefully with time they will be more like the girls :)

Emily Peterson said...

I'm so glad Elsie is feeling better. Oh, that makes my heart so happy to see her master landing on her feet on the slide!!! So wonderful!!!

Rachel said...

She goes so fast and still does a great job landing. Yeah for Elsie!!!

Emily said...

Go Elsie! That's awesome.