Saturday, April 30, 2011

Oh man...what to do?

My boy has now learned to climb out of his crib.
I don't know what I am gonna do.
His nap is a very important part of the day.
He still sleeps, or slept, for almost 3 hours a day.
He is gonna be grumpy if he doesn't get that.
I tried to get him to take a nap several times today....and he got out each time saying he was done with his nap.
Little stinker.
BUT....I do know he was tired.
I found him out back, laying on the pavement playing with his new little doggies.
Pretty cute....but I would still rather a real nap!
Oh well....maybe we can still work something out with him.......we will see.
Later in the day I was jumping on the trampoline with Porter to get him out of the girls way.....
I taught him how to do a 'bummer', he caught onto that quickly.
Then I tried to get him to go on his knees.....and the kid, for the life of him, could not figure out how to get on his knees from the jumping position.
So I told him to pretend like he is saying his prayers......
We tried again and he did it, on knees, hands folded nicely, eyes closed, saying "Dear Henly Fodder".
Oh it was just the cutest thing.
This picture is a reenactment....I had to share the cuteness with Daddy who was at work.....so I made him do it again so I could send it to Dad.
The girlies got to have the Young girls over this afternoon.
It is always fun when these girls get together.
Sweet little Elsie isn't feeling so hot.
I noticed this afternoon that she was having trouble walking, her eyes  seemed extra crossed and she wasn't eating very well.
She seemed to be absolutely EXHAUSTED.
So she lounged around on the couch a lot of the day.
She didn't eat much dinner, and just wanted to go back and lay on the couch, with her trusty Emmy blanket.
She didn't have a fever.....like I said, she just seemed exhausted.
Well, as I was cleaning the kitchen, Elsie started throwing up, A LOT.
Which is crazy to me....she didn't eat much of anything today.
So I cleaned her up, took her up for a quick bath and she cried the whole time for Daddy.
(She knew he was on his way home, and she just wanted him right then!)
Poor little girl.
I hate when she doesn't feel good.
Anyway...thank goodness for having a backup Emmy blanket.
Elsie has taken over mine (the brown one).
But it worked out great tonight....cause her green one was covered!
I hope some good sleep helps her out and she feels better tomorrow.
I need some of that too.

2 comments:

Hedquists said...

Have you ever used a crib tent?

Unknown said...

what is a crib tent?
I hope Elsie is feeling better soon.