Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bulletin board.....

I have had several inquiries about by white board/bulletin board.
I posted it here a while ago.
I had these OLD windows from when I helped my Mom clear out my Grandmas chicken coop.
They have had several uses in the years, but I am excited that I finally found the perfect use for them.
Yes....it is a bit messy.
But it is what it is.
I removed the top bar on the left window so calendar would fit.
Then my hubby cut me some pieces of wood, and I covered some in cork board, and fabric.
Painted the other pieces of wood with chalk board paint.
All the glass was pretty old and broken up.
I tried to save one to cover the photo area.....but I broke it.
So my friend Jenni cut another piece for me.
She also cut a matte for me so that I could cut a 16x20 photo down to a 16x16 and still make it fit in the frame.
And the glass works as a dry erase board.
So I chose a picture that had some white space above it.
It was actually a pretty easy project that made a big impact in the kitchen.
Let me know if you have any questions.

2 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

This is really cool, Kimmo!

Lily was pretty excited her picture is there! (By the way, Lily still hasn't gotten that darn letter!)

koby said...

So neat, thanks for sharing your creativity!