Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Another project done...almost...

These are some old windows I got when I helped clean my Grandmas coop with my Mom.
I knew they had great potential...as does all garbage, right???
Anyway, Brent did make a shelf on the bottom of one of them, horizontally, and I used that for quite a few years.
But now they have a new purpose and I am so excited about it.
They are my new memo board/station in my kitchen.
We definitely need someplace to for our stuff...so I wanted to make it cute!
The fabric parts are cork boards and the black is chalk board.
I wanted a way to bring the black of my island in to my future plans of white/tan and aqua.
And the chalkboard does that perfectly!!!
I say it is almost finished because I photoshopped that picture into the memo board...I plan to put some great black and white picture of our kiddos in there!

Here is where it fits in the scheme of things in the kitchen.
See my old camera on the shelf...that brings the black in too...I also plan to print some old black and whites of our Grandparents and put them there...
*************************************
The kiddos had dinner outside with friends...grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Porter had a great time with their left overs.
Maybe we should just let him do his own thing when he eats...because he ate a ton!
He also made a HUGE mess!!!
I just think Porter is a nut.
I just LOVE him!!!
********************************
I would LOVE to have more Wellness Challenge people!!!
I sent e-mails to those interested...if you didn't get one...e-mail me, madi_bell@hotmail.com , and I will get you the info!!!
If you haven't seen the challenge yet...go here

4 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

Those look super fly. And I REALLY love the shelves with the vintage cameras. So you! I'll look into the wellness challenge, but I'm not sure about the no sugar thing. I better read up on it!

MegJill said...

LOVE your windows!!! Especially the picture, and the chalkboard, and the fabric....okay, I love it all!
Thanks for the e-mail on the challenge! I need to/will get on top of that and get the picture, etc. to you! Also, I am good to start the 15th. I hope more sign up!!!

Cami said...

Love what you did with the windows! I might have to copy you some day! :)

That's what we had for dinner, too! Yum yum!

Anonymous said...

Love - Love the shelves! It looks absolutely darling. You are so creative - next time I'm stumped on a project I'm calling you!