Friday, February 25, 2011

Proud

For the last couple weeks, Madi has been working on jump roping.
Her friends talked her into trying out for the speed jump team.
She made it through many cuts and today was the final try-out.
We didn't think the little kids would behave very well if we took them, so I stayed with them at home and Brent went to support Madi.
First thing he texted me saying that Madi had to do it in front of all the 4th and 5th graders.
My stomach dropped...I was so worried for her, and her nerves.
This is the girl who won't say prayers in front of our families, cause she is so nervous.
It was a good thing I didn't go, cause I probably would have made things worse as I tried to make things better.
But Brent said she did awesome.
She made it through 2 of the 4 rounds before she was cut.
There were 18 kids going for one of the 2 spots that Madi was trying for.
Yes, it is a bummer that she got cut....
But I am so PROUD of her for putting herself out there.
Making a goal, and working hard towards it.
She made sure to practice at home as much as she could.
We even had to get her some nice comfy pants so she didn't have to jump in jeans.

It was a fun experience for her, and now she knows even better what will be expected next year if she decides to try out again.
Good job Madi.
Your Mom and Dad are very proud of you!
So proud, we decided to go out to dinner to Primos.
The kids had a lot of fun, and we didn't have to cook.
That's always nice.
Now I need some sleep.
Elsie and I were up at 4:30 this morning...I hope she doesn't do that again tomorrow!

3 comments:

Young family said...

Way to go Madi! We need to get you and Kara together to jump!

Chalisse Martineau said...

Way to go Madi! You are awesome!!

Brittany said...

Good Job Madi! I am so proud of you!