Monday, February 21, 2011

Playing at the station.

It was a pretty good day today.
The Young girls came over this morning....all the girls, including Heather who sat and helped me stitch Madi's quilt.
Things are going really good on the quilt.
I will be really excited when it gets done.
Thanks a ton Heather....that was a lot of fun having you hang out with me.
Then at noon...it was my plan to sign up for Robie Creek.
But the site crashed...like it does every year.
I tried all day long to get back on....
Then at 2:00, Elsie's speech Therapist came over.
And between the time of 2 and 3, the site opened back up, and the race was full.
I am so bummed!
I am still hoping to get a chance with someone deciding they don't want to do it....but I still just wish I KNEW I got in.
Oh well....
After speech, we hopped in the car and took some cookies to Dad at the Fire Station.
The kiddos always love to go to the station.

But no one loves it more than the boy.
He just eats the whole thing up.
And Dad loves that more than anything!
The kids had fun playing in the firetruck...sliding down the fire pole, and talking with all the guys at the firehouse.
They all climbed up the bucket truck, not when it was extended, but still high up on top of the truck.
Elsie wasn't so sure about that.
She is like her mamma...she likes her feet firmly planted on the ground.

You can always tell when Elsie is done with doing whatever we are doing.
She had had enough horns, and heights.
And she was ready to go inside and have some cookies.
Silly kiddo.
When she went inside she perked back up and had fun showing off for the guys.

2 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Elsie is such a sweetheart!

Looks like a successful day at the station!

Emily Peterson said...

I love the picture of you looking at Porter & Brent in the side mirror!!

Looks like it was a fun time - even though Elsie got her fill of the horns and heights!