Sunday, February 20, 2011

Music

Well, another Sunday getting the kids ready and going to church alone.
It didn't go bad this morning, except we left with a house that looked like it was hit by a tornado.
Sacrament meeting was pretty crazy.
Porter was not very good.
The rest of the kids were, so that was great.
But I had to go out several times with Porter cause he was so noisy and wanted to wrestle.
Always nice at church, right?
On the drive home from church I asked the girls if the could entertain the little ones upstairs, so I could get the tornado cleaned up and dinner started.
They were fine with doing that.
Except that the little ones came down about 10 minutes later, without the big girls noticing.
That is okay.
I figured that they were doing fine upstairs and the little ones were being good downstairs.
So I started making dinner.
Then I wondered what they were doing up there.
They were together, but there was no fighting or tattle-telling.
So I went up, and I found them rocking out to music in Madi's room together.
Pretty cute right.
Even better, they made their own surround sound.
They put their Mp3 players on the same station and hooked them to their speakers.
Then they each tuned their radios to the same station...bunched them all together...and WALLA!

Anyway, I have mentioned before how much I LOVE when they get along!
They could have so many great memories like this if they just GOT ALONG!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

That's pretty innovative of them to create their own super sound! Way to go!

MegJill said...

Your girls are some of the cutest I've seen, especially with them laying there all happy together listening to music. We have two daughters in a row (and a third due in a few weeks) and I am just hoping they can get along like my sister and I did!
I just read your comment about the kitchen cabinets. They were actually quite easy, just time consuming and I learned a few things the hard way.
We used a bonding primer and were told that with a bonding primer you don't have to sand. That seems to be true as they are holding up really well and I can't find any spots that have loose paint.
So, no sanding. Just bonding primer.
We used Valspar interior/exterior paint in Betsey's Linen white. My best advice? Put books or boards or something under your doors so they don't stick to the drop cloth! Also, there is no need to use a brush. Your sprayer will be perfect. I used a brush on the first coats, thinking a roller wouldn't get in the cracks. Big mistake. The brush made drips on the edges and down the other side. Then I had to sand out the drips and dust particles got all over the doors. So now some of them have little bumps in them and they don't have that flawless look. So, if you don't use the sprayer, use a little roller. It worked perfectly.
I did 2 coats of paint but some spots needed a touch up.
At the end I sprayed all the doors with several coats of a satin clear coat and did one coat on the cabinets themselves. I think this must be helping with the durability too.
What else....I think that about covers it. Let me know if you have any questions! It took less than a week and was sooo worth it. Good luck, and I can't wait to see yours!
P.S.
Remember that you can spray paint hardware if you don't want to buy new. This saved us a TON of money and we were able to get rid of the gold.

Emily Peterson said...

They are so creative when they get along and work together!!!!

The Holdaway Family said...

I hate leaving the house in a mess. It feels so nice to come home to a clean house...Too bad it doesn't always happen...