Thursday, February 24, 2011

My great little helper.

We are getting close to getting this quilt done.
Madi has fun sitting and quilting in her spare time.
It warms my heart to see her do it.
I hope it is something she enjoys, and we can continue to do it as she grows older.
But today, I had an awesome little helper.
Elsie was so serious, and really trying hard to get that needle in and out.
So cute!
Look at those little fingers working.
What a sweet little helper.
****
I decided to stitch it in rows...instead of around the blocks.
It was so much easier not to go the opposite direction of what feels normal.
So now it is all stitched on one side, now I need to unroll the quilt, and start the other direction.
Shouldn't take long.
It takes about 10 min. to go down a row.
So if I could just sit down for a good couple hours, it should get done.
I have had some great helpers.
Heather came over yesterday again and helped for a long time.
Thanks Heather!
I am excited to get it done and in the wash and then show the final product!

5 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Elsie is one fantastic helper! I'm excited to see the finished product!

Emily Peterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Peterson said...

Oh, that is precious! Adorable pictures!

You should have Cassi do a few stitches in it too, so all of the Matthews girls will have helped stitch the quilt! :o)

The Holdaway Family said...

What a cute little helper! I love her!

Young family said...

I am more than willing to come help again... just let me know-