Saturday, January 01, 2011

The Star Spangled Banner

I thought I should be better at recording Cassi with her guitar...so we can see how well she is improving.
She has been working on The Star Spangled banner for a little while.
It's a hard one...and she is doing so good with it.
I love to watch her fingers move.
She looks so natural...I think so anyway...
And I love the look on her face...
She was getting tired by this point, and has a couple mess-ups...but I think she still rocks it!
So let her know what you think....
****************
Today was a good day.
We slept in...cause we were up way too late.
Madi and Cassi both wanted to stay up for the New Year...
I have fond memories of my parents letting us stay up, and I thought it would be fun.
They were pretty tired today, but it wasn't too bad.
Later on we took all our Christmas stuff down.
It is good to have that done, but it is kinda sad...it feels empty around here.
Then we got to go to the Baptism for one of our very best friends...Aubree.
She was beautiful, and we are so proud of her for her decision to be baptized!
Cassi's will be late this year...I can't believe it..they are all getting so old.
Then we got to go and hang out with the Young's at their house and had yummy bread bowls and soup.
So good!
It was a great afternoon hanging with our favorite people...again!

10 comments:

Chalisse Martineau said...

Tell Cassi that she is AWESOME!!!!!

Young family said...

Way to go Cassi! That is awesome!
Thanks again for hanging out with us again!

Books = Possibilities said...

Great job...you're such working hard, and it shows! Way to go, Cass!

MegJill said...

Cassi,
I am so impressed by your guitar playing skills! Seriously, your fingers move so beautifully and I can tell you've been working hard.
You make me want to take lessons too!
Keep practicing and maybe someday you can be my teacher. :)

MegJill said...

P.S.
We took our Christmas down today too, which is the earliest we have ever done that. We usually wait until the middle of January! I agree it feels empty, but so good at the same time.

Cami said...

She's AMAZING! And absolutely ADORABLE!

Books = Possibilities said...

I just read what I wrote...oh my! Here's what I meant to write:

Great job...you're such a hard worker, and it shows! Way to go, Cass!

And what's more, she looks like she is really enjoying it, too!

Amy said...

Good Job Cassi, Way to go girl! you sure rocked it!!

Emily Peterson said...

Cassi - You are Awesome!!! And so talented!

The Holdaway Family said...

Cass! You are awesome! Sounds great!