Saturday, November 06, 2010

Birthday Dinner...

Tomorrow is sweet Cassi's 7th birthday!
Crazy...I still can't believe they keep getting older every year!!!
We went out for Cassi's birthday dinner tonight.
Cassi chose Chili's (Thanks Drew for the idea...)
We had a lot of fun...and a yummy cake to end it.
******************
The girls got to go to Braelyn's birthday party today.
And it worked out perfectly, cause it gave me time to paint Cassi's room YELLOW for her birthday!
I have wanted to paint that room for a LONG time...I have even had the paint for a very long time!
When she walked in she was a little distracted cause she had opened her present she got from Grandma Ene in the mail, and she didn't notice the room, but Elsie kept looking around the room saying "Oh Wow!"
Then Cassi caught on...and she loved it.
She also got a new mirror to put on top of her dresser.
That room is finally coming together.
It had been so many things in it's life time...and is really too big for a bedroom, so it also houses a lot of the larger play things...barbie house, kitchen sink...those kind of things.
But I am liking how it is looking and I am sure I will take some pictures soon.
Speaking of Getting Grandma Ene's present today...I just have to tell this funny story.
Cassi got her front tooth pulled in January of 2008.
Grandpa has teased her every time we come to visit...wondering why there is NO TOOTH there!!!
Well, I guess Grandpa had to pull a goat tooth out...and he sent it to Cassi all wrapped up in the mail.
Grandma said he was worried that the tooth wouldn't grow in, and how would Cassi be able to chew if she didn't have a tooth!!!
Cassi got a kick out of it!
Pretty funny Grandpa!!!
One day that tooth will come in...and we will all be surprised!!!
*******
So tomorrow is the big day for Cassi!
I need to go wrap her presents!!!


5 comments:

Brooke said...

That silly Grandpa! I saw a bag with COAL written on it in Walmart the other day and made me think of Gramps. Tell Cass Happy Bday for us. We're celebrating Bridger man's bday tomorrow with the Grandma's and Grandpa's so we'll sing happy bday to cass too!!! Love you all :-)

Emily Peterson said...

Happy almost Birthday Cassi!! I love the tooth birthday present!! Too funny! I can't wait to see pictures of the room!

Books = Possibilities said...

Happy birthday, Cassi! November birthdays are the ABSOLUTE BEST! I am so glad we share the same birthday month! :)

Love the tooth thing, too! I had one of my 3rd graders bring a moose tooth in for his sharing. He kept telling his classmates that it was his lost tooth...funny kids!

Grandma Ene said...

Dear Cassi Happy Birthday "wow" seven years old!! Only sixty three years and eleven months and you will be as old as me.
I'll have you know Grandpa had a hard time pulling that tooth, just for you. Hope you have a great day!!!! Love to al lof you
Grandpa and Grandma "Ene"

The Holdaway Family said...

I love that tooth story. You are going to have to put it in a frame or something creative like that...

Happy Birthday sweet Cassi! We love you so much!