Saturday, October 30, 2010

One of THOSE days...

Okay...so this is gonna start out sounding like I am complaining...but it ends up good at the end...so if you wanna read, go ahead.
Today was one of those days that you think maybe someone might be playing a trick on you, or you have a hidden camera pointed right at you.
It started out with Elsie waking up at 3:00 a.m.
She has been doing this lately, and I don't know why, or what to do.
I tried to rock her, lay with her, tried to have her lay in bed with me...nothing...until about 5:00 when she finally went out.
But guess what happened at 5:30...yep...my buddy boy was up for the day.
I tried to have him cry it out, but it wasn't happening!
So we came down and watched CARS...but he likes to have all his trucks and cars stacked on top of us while we are watching CARS and he likes to make sure I am watching it too...so no sleep time there.
Madi woke up around 6:30 and I told her I was gonna go try and put Porter back down (nap at 6:30 a.m. That's crazy!)
And I told her to listen for the little ones cause I HAD to go back to bed!
She did a great job, and I didn't wake up until about 9:30 when I heard Elsie sliding down the stairs.
Porter waited until 10:30 to wake up.
Nothing much else happened until Porter had a blow-out in his bed....
And the toilet got plugged...then used again...therefore, more plugged....
And we were trying to hurry and get ready for the Ward chili dinner and trunk or treat.
I was trying to get my trunk decorated....
I had to paint some cardboard white.
Later on I saw Porter digging around in that same paint can for a screw driver he had dropped in there.
So Porter was covered in paint...I am sure he ate some...not sure how much, but he definitely had his mouth covered!
Okay, so I strip him down....hurry and get everyone dressed, myself included (I wore a sweat suit and put dark bags under my eyes to make me look even more tired...and wore my hair in a messy ponytail.)
Then I put the chili in the car, loaded the kids, and headed out.
Guess what spilled?
Yep, the chili did.
ARG!
We get to the church and unload everyone...head inside and wait for it to start.
The dinner was great!
I think people were concerned with my appearance.
They were not sure if I was dressed up or not...I just looked really tired, and ready for bed.
But it went along with my trunk...people just didn't know it yet.
There was lots of yummy chili to try.
Lots of water for Porter to spill.
Oh ya, and that full cup of Root Beer in my hand that he knocked all over a little girl while we were standing in line.
I felt so bad!
But she was a trooper.
Okay...so we get dinner eaten and head out to get the trunk ready for the kids to come around.
My idea was "The Dawn of the Never-ending laundry"...
And I had a washing machine in the back with lots and lot and lots of clothes filling the back of my trunk.
Pretty scary, right???
Anyway...the kids go around and it is all good.
Madi took Elsie with her along with her friend Amber.
Cassi stuck with Alex most of the time, then helped me pass out candy the rest of the time.
Porter just rolled around on the sidewalk in front of me all night.
Goof-ball.
So the night ended...we headed home.
I got the kids in the house...candy put out of reach...and jammies on.
The little ones went right to bed.
And they were happy to do so!
The big girls got a choose...either go to bed, or they could help me with the disaster downstairs!
Of course, they chose to stay up.
I ran to Jenni's to get a plunger, to fix that toilet...and when I got back, those girls had almost the whole downstairs looking beautiful!
I was so proud of those girls.
They sure know when to kick it in gear and help their mom out before she goes insane!
Madi, Elsie and Amber
Cassi and Alex
The Port man...keeping himself busy.
My trunk, with my little helpers.
See, I look tired right?
Love the candy running out of Porters mouth...looks like he ate something bloody.
The trunk
*******************
I also have to say that we are trying to start doing the potty thing again with Elsie.
Not super serious...kinda easing into it...
But Porter wants to do it too.
He peed on the potty twice yesterday and and twice today.
Not getting my hopes up, but wouldn't that be cool!

6 comments:

Bald n Beautiful said...

porter sounds just like David at our trunk or treat tonight.

Books = Possibilities said...

Adventures! I love your laundry-themed trunk. Very creative!

Lyric Payne said...

I'm bummed I didn't get to go around and see all the trunks because yours is AWESOME! And I'd like to give a big AMEN to the laundry theme. I'm sorry your day was so hectic. I would have thrown in the towel!

Young family said...

So sorry your day was so crazy... and to add our family pictures in the middle of it probably didn't help...
You are great! A some kind of super woman!
Your trunk looks great! What a fun idea!
happy Halloween!

Emily Peterson said...

Sorry about your day, but your trunk was AWESOME!!!

The Holdaway Family said...

Man, I hate those kind of days, make me want to just crawl back into bed and never come out!

I loved your trunk, you are so creative!