Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Homework

Am I the only one out there that feels like I can't keep the homework thing organized???
Cassi's teacher today told her that she should have been able to finish her book by now.
Right, she totally should.
Except she has been reading other books, higher level books...and I forget about the one specific book she is supposed to read!!!
Ahhh!
Not a big deal, but still, I feel like such a scatter brain when it comes to that...or anything that requires organization!!!
Someday maybe...I bet I will be WAY organized once all the kids are out of the house!
Lot of good that will do!
Oh well...I try.
And my kids are smart and really great learners...
I just hope they learn the good stuff from their teachers and not the bad stuff from me.

3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

That is a very cute picture of Cass! She is very focused on what she is doing!

Good luck on the organization! :o) Have you thought about making some kind of homework chart of something to keep track of the girls' homework?

Books = Possibilities said...

I agree with Em, a homework chart would work great. Like that oil pan chalk board...you could do something similar for homework.

I just instilled a schedule for Aarynn and Lily....First full day today. And it seemed to work pretty well. The girls both know our expectations and I have a better handle on what is expected of them. not only that, but I also put in things like 5 min. of journaling and some Articles of Faith memorizing for their Faith in God requirements.

Good luck!

The Holdaway Family said...

I am bad at homework too, good thing my kids remember....