Friday, October 15, 2010

Back home...well, Evanston home.

We made it back to Evanston late this evening.
We had so much fun...playing, hiking, getting minimal amounts of sleep...
You know how it goes!
The day started out with the boys leaving before the sun came up, and us (Nancy and I) trying to keep the little ones asleep as long as they would.
Once they were all up, we decided to head into Montpilliar and play around town.
We wanted to check out a cool pawn shop there, but it was still closed when we got there...so we headed to Family Dollar.
The kids picked out a couple fun toys and some project stuff to do at the camper.
We had to go buy a few more supplies at the grocery store.
Pawn shop was still closed, so we went to Artic circle and let the kids play for a little while.
Elsie was in heaven there.
The rocks and dirt are not really her thing, but an indoor playground, oh she loves that.
On the other hand...if it has dirt and rocks, that is where you will find Porter.
Oh he had the time of his life camping!
Anyway, we finally got in the pawn shop and it had some really neat things.
And if we had room in our car to get stuff back home, I might have tried to bid on some stuff.
Oh well, maybe next time.
We got back home in time for the boys to come by and have lunch.
When they left again, Cassi BEGGED to go with them.
Now, when they go out...they are not on four-wheelers, and they walk...they walk insane distances.
I tried to tell Cassi that maybe she wasn't quite ready to do it...but she REALLY wanted to do it, and Brent was willing to let her try.
Well, she did FANTASTIC!
Brent said that they had so much fun.
She stayed right with him, and she was nice and quiet when she needed to be, and singing at the top of her lungs when she didn't need to be quiet.
I am so glad those two had so much fun together.
Back at camp we had some fun games and stuff going on.
Many pictures to come of that stuff!
The boys came home later on, still with nothing...but still having fun.
We decided to all go out and do one last look.
Elsie fell asleep in the car, so I stuck behind with my babies, Elsie asleep in the car seat, and Porter trying to cause as much trouble as possible.
So we took pictures.
*****
Man I love my kids.
Last night we slept 11 in The Thomson Family 5th wheel.
It isn't meant for 11 people, but it worked out good.
I slept on the big bed with Madi, Cassi and Elsie.
Brent started out with Porter, and the plan was to have him sleep on the floor, but at about 2:00 he ended up with me.
I have to tell you, I had the biggest smile on my face at that time of night.
Elsie wrapped up in one arm, Porter wiggling in the other, and Madi and Cassi close by on either side.
I felt so proud of my little bear cubs.
I love them and I love being a mom.
I sure hope they know that.
*****
Many more pictures to come...I need to remember to get them on here!

2 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Adventurous! Sounds like you're all enjoying your trip!

Emily Peterson said...

You and Porter look like you are GLOWING in that bright orange!!! :o) Very cute pic!