Saturday, September 18, 2010

Worms!

We are lucky enough to have some new great neighbors move in behind us.
It has been a rental since we moved in our house...so it is so nice to finally have someone there for good!
Well, it happens that this new neighbor works for Jaykers, a tree wholesaler.
This weekend he invited us to a friends and family special where you could go pick a tree, any tree, any size, for $75!!!
Great deal, right???
Well, we had a couple spots that needed replacing...
Like the peach tree....
And the dead tree from the dumb nursery that tore the root ball off....
So we went out there this morning to pick out a couple trees.
I got one that sells for $500...for $75!
You can't get much better than that, right?
Well, Brent is working...
I had the trees delivered here...
And I started to dig the holes for the tree, to save my hubby some work when he gets home.
And that is when they found the WORMS!
I think they gathered about 35 worms.
They made, in Cassi's words, a 'Habitat' for the worms.
It kept them busy, and NOT FIGHTING for quite a while!
Porter was a little unsure...but he still held one.
Elsie didn't really want anything to do with them.
She would look at them, but didn't want to get too close.
**************************
Porter had a hard time figuring out the wheel barrel.
First he tried to grab if from behind and lift it...which was pretty funny.
I think he figured out that this way works better.
*************************
I bottled 10 more jars of Grape juice today...
I also have about 30ish cups waiting to be turned into grape jelly...
I am thinking it would make great neighbor Christmas gifts!

1 comment:

Books = Possibilities said...

That is so cool about your tree! Exciting! Did the nursery rip off the root ball? Are they going to replace it?

Cute pics....worms are always a big deal here. For my mini garden and for Tom's fish :) His Jack Dempsey LOVES worms.